Aikido as a headphone amplifier (Output transformer groupbuy)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I looked over the spec. When you put windings in parallel this does not change the ratio of turns primary to secondary therefore the impedance transform is the same for a single winding or all three in parallel.

Also putting them in series will result in the impedance scaling as the square of the number of turns so that doubling the turns in series will result in 4 times the reflected impedance at the output.

etc..

Kevin

I looked over the spec. When you put windings in parallel this does not change the ratio of turns primary to secondary therefore the impedance transform is the same for a single winding or all three in parallel.
You are correct!

http://www.sowter.co.uk/specs/8665.htm

I only understood what you were saying after looking at the Sowter specs. Each winding has it's own turns ratio.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bas,
Have you measured the leakage inductance, interwinding capacitance, and primary inductance of the transformer? What is the operating flux density and how far is it from core saturation?

How is the square wave response at say 10kHz, this would give us a clue as to how many and how well behaved any ultrasonic resonances might be.

Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.