headphone amplifier??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have asked on a tubes part of the forum... i will ask it here also (i assume that guys that work with solid state don't go often to tubes section... i might be wrong).... anyway,

I have MbQuart 450Pro dynamic headphones (300 ohm impedance) and I am looking an amplifier (looking about 1,2, i don't know how much years - a very good one) to work with them. These headphones are very good ones (used to monitor final stage of music recording in studios) but they are a little bit closed and like to have a very quick, open, with lots of air arround,spacious and dynamic amplifier.... I have made few amplifiers (some of them qrv07 (PerAnders), some opamp designs with no names, brute force in a line stage (Barbour), some 5687 tube designs,...)but none of them worked best with them (I have allways feeling that they could perform better).
I am currently listening to a qrv-07 from mr. PerAnders using opa134 and TPA6120 opamps (I will try to put OPA627 instead of OPA134). It is o.k. but too clinical and not so spacious - don't know why. Everything is inside my head (not going arround it - if You know what I mean)........
I have been looking to an Borbely Tube Mosfet Opamp from Designing an Opamp Head-amp article.....Would this be the answer for me? Has anyone build it...?
I would appreciate suggestions - what to do (make) since I am tired of looking..... (yes, i know that this might be painfull road)...

Suggestions what might be the solution would be helpfull - no output transformers please.....
best regards
sunny

Attachments

• borbely_tube_mosfet.gif
    borbely_tube_mosfet.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 330
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.