Will this PSU work? (from Dynahi headphone amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a Dynahi headphone amplifier (designed by Kevin Gilmore) and would like to integrate it with a Gainclone to save space and money. I have experience building headphone amps, but I have never built a Gainclone. I have made a similar post at Hea d-Fi, but i don't think many there have built a Gainclone.

Anyway, the Dynahi power supply is extremely well regulated and puts out +-30V. I was planning on using a Plitron 300VA 35V secondary transformer. I know a bit about amps, but have no clue about power supplies. Below are some links to the Dynahi PSU specs:

Main PSU info: Link
My post at Head-Fi: Link
PSU board drawing: Link

Will this power supply work with the Gainclone? It was suggested by someone at Head-Fi that this PSU might not work with the Gainclone due to current restrictions. Is this true? I also read that the LM3875 does not like a lot of capacitance. Will this power supply be a problem because of this? Is there an easy way around it?

Finally, if this PSU will work I would like to make a top of the line gainclone. If I combine the 2 I will be using a high end pot, nice inputs, case etc. What are some upgrades I should do over the standard gainclone? Are there any sites that detail these upgrades or just good sites to look at?

Thanks,
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.