Headphone amplifier needed!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think that about this has been talked in this forum but I have such a lowzy internet connection, that using SEARCH is almst unthinkable.

So I want to built a headphone amplifier (OUTPUT 1-2W per channel @16-32ohms), input?: 300-500mV.
Schematic needed. And if it is based on some chip(s), that easier it it for me to do.
Can somebody help me, I would be very happy !

W@ldur

I couldn't catch anything useful from that site, I found one schematic but it was too hard to me to compile it into a amp :bawling: :smash:

hundreds of watts are not enough, because new big headphones are max 1500mW, so i think that amplifiers should be more than max, not less.

i really need amp!!!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Diy is a pleasant and rewarding hobby but it takes some efforts.
So here is something discrete, no chips, easy to build and well explained. http://sound.westhost.com/project70.htm
Homepage: http://sound.westhost.com/index.html
You are mixing up mW (milli) with Mega-watt I guess. ;)
Imagine you inject hundreds of watts through that small speaker in your head.
The mouse and the elephant you now…
1500mW is equal to 1,5W.

/Hugo

headwize not useful? that would surprise me a great deal.

i suggest you slow down and look a little more closely. also step into their diy forum to ask for suggestions specific to your headphone make & model, and for your experience level. they're very good folks. they regularly help people through their first headamp. and they don't need multiple exclamation marks to get attention.

The problem with Project 70 headphone amp is that it uses an output cap. Try to avoid such projects.

Do insist on Headwize and look carefully. If you don't find there you won't find anywhere. Probably not on this forum.

Perander's latest project maybe quite good, but maybe a little over the top for W@aldur. He doesn't look as a person that will face an extensive SMD based project as that.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.