Would anyone help me to design a SE linestage/headphone amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some pretty good OPTs from SE 6BQ5 console amps, some EF-86/6267 pentodes, plenty of drivers and some good PSs. After listening to a Golden Tubes pre which is a SET using a single 6DJ8 I got the bug to try something that is good for headphones or as a linestage.
I like the 6267s and have a few. They have a bit too much gain to use as drivers as I found out with the Mullard 3.3 circuit.

Good, bad, impossible, what do you think? The Telefunkens sound wonderfull and set me back a few bucks for the 2 pairs. I want to use them and have pairs of Amperex and Svetlanas for testing.

Can trade tubes, parts or both for help.

Hi David!

I just was constructing a headphone-amp for myself - and since I'm a big fan of mu-followers, I was using such a stage with the Russian 6H30pi as voltage amp and a EL802 hi-mu video output tube as the current source. Sounds great and is very powerful. Power supply (with MOSFET gyrators to get the hum out) gives 250 V, 2x 30 mA. Over a little OPT I can also drive efficient loudspeakers to get sufficient room volume.

With your tubes I would suggest using a triode-wired EF 86 as a voltage amplifier and a EF 86 wired as a pentode or, more powerful, something like a EF 80 (sorry, don't know their American names) as the current source.

Just a suggestion...

Uli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.