DIY alternative to Creative's Sound Blaster E1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
for my project I've bought a Creative's Sound Blaster E1, a little device that's really really powerful for it's cost.

Why I've bought it:
- it has an ability to be an audio interface for recording microphone input
- it has two headphone jacks for 600 ohm headphones
- it's cheap

Now, what I'm missing with it is ability to have it working on smartphones/tablets, yes, it actually works fine via OTG cable on them, but it only records internal microphone, and with a script you can activate a external microphone, but for now only on Linux. While everything else works fine on Windows/Mac.

So, I'm looking for a DIY board with similar features.
Like:
- USB audio interface that works on all platforms (PC, Linux, Android, iOS...)
- at least 2 headphone jacks for direct monitoring of microphone input
- at least 1 microphone or line-in inputs, it can be 6.3mm, 3.5mm or even a XLR
- independent volume knobs for both headphones and microphone/line-in
- independent balance L and R volume knobs for both headphones
- needs to be a size of Creative's E1 or E5 (not sure with what to compare it with)

Closest I've got to the similar device like this are these devices:
- Mackie BigKnob Studio Plus
- NOT YET RELEASED - Sound Blaster K3 Plus
Sound Blaster K3+ - USB-Powered Recording and Streaming Mixer with Sound Effects Processing and Soundboard - Creative Labs (United States)
While both of these devices are large and expensive, I'm looking for something smaller, compact, and maybe cheaper.
- Creative's E5 - has almost all what I need, kinda expensive, and with Creative you never know when they'll discontinue the device, as what they did few days ago with E3!

If there's a DIY boards that would solve this, I'd like to know about them, right now I couldn't find any, but I'm really new to this so...

Thank you very much! :)

It takes a lot to build your own alternative to soundblaster.
But if you omit some functions it is surely possible.

Myself I would not bother to DIY such a device.
I would simple buy a soundblaster :D

Hahah, thought so :D

Tho, I'd like to know some other alternatives, or even DIY stuff close to this, for example a board which has this functions but doesn't work as USB audio interface... Anything like that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.