'TV Ears' vs. Bluetooth Transmitter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Problem: My wife wants to watch Netflix & I want to read.

The solution will likely be comfortable, noise isolating, good quality earbuds and a Bluetooth transmitter connected either to the TV's RCA outputs or earphone output.

What I don't get is the difference between the above vs. not just 'TV Ears' and all its competitors that seem to differentiate themselves from a regular ole Bluetooth transmitter and earphones/buds by targeting the 'hard of hearing' market niche.

To my understanding, if you stick earbuds in your ear and turn up the volume, you're certainly going to hear the TV clearly.

So why these two different types of 'TV' earphones?

I was all set to locate a good transmitter (that includes aptX Low Latency for no delay between audio and video) until I came across the TV Ears and started to wonder?

Mark
informenter-marker-1.png

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
....What I don't get is the difference between the above vs. ... 'TV Ears' ... by targeting the 'hard of hearing' market niche. .....

"Our Voice Clarifying Circuitry is powered by an advanced microchip that instantaneously amplifies and clarifies television dialog while dampening background sounds so that voices are heard clearly. The words seem to jump out of the audio track, making even whispers and accents understandable. This technology also automatically lowers audio “bursts” during commercials to prevent jarring spikes in volume."

i.e.: it mucks with the sound in a way that is probably better for the hard-of-hearing (top loss) but could be irritating for "normal" ears.

They also claim higher maximum sound output than non-"assistive" wireless headsets.

Can someone recommend a reliable Bluetooth/TV transmitter with the audio/video sync chip and wireless ear buds that are ambient noise reducing due the soft material used to fit the ear that have good sound reproduction--all that and they do not break the bank ;-)? I use Sony wireless earbuds at the gym but I think they're overkill for this purpose--maybe not? There are a lot of transmitters with the referenced chip on Amazon with $ spreads of $20-30. I don't want to get sucked into an expensive device but also I'm not looking to cheap out. If my wife's not really happy with the sound and comfort this whole process goes in the tank.
informenter-marker-1.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.