Headphone amp

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply but this is an old thread and the problem was solved some time ago, if you would like
to stop any humming on the darkvoice I would suggest that you look up fitz mod, it is simply putting in two new capacitors but
I can't remember exactly where they went or what size, if you can't find the info then message me again and I will open my darkvoice
and take some photos for you.

Thanks and best wishes Ian

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply but this is an old thread and the problem was solved some time ago, if you would like
to stop any humming on the darkvoice I would suggest that you look up fitz mod, it is simply putting in two new capacitors but
I can't remember exactly where they went or what size, if you can't find the info then message me again and I will open my darkvoice
and take some photos for you.

Thanks and best wishes Ian

Indeed - and I am very well aware of the fitz mod, but as the original poster said, not optimal :)

So trying to find a better solution, maybe if I to open another thread?

This thing maybe better fits in the Tube section?

Last edited:
OK, there's 3 years by now....did someone find a good solution for humming in the DarkVoice? I think the B+ should be regulated...there's the only solution I didn't try yet...
I supposed it could be a heater to cathode isolation issue, not entirely sure it still isn't, but it's a regulator tube for high voltages, I think that's also the reason for the high ammount of current needed for the heater...cathode far from heater.
If there's anyone who has solved this by rectifiying the heater, I will also do it. But I'm afraid all these complicate too much a minimalist intended amplifier...kind of Zen...
I'm not a tube expert, but I feel like there's some feedback solution (even a positive feedback?) or something like that....please correct me if I'm wrong.

Happy New Year, 2023!
Still no answer yet....has everyone found the perfect schematic and mod for this amplifier? I put it on standby, but I intend to get this schematic to work these days...I think I will rebuild the amp using rectified heater supply and stabilized anode supply this time....and other tubes. I will use octal 6N8S this time...but still thinking of using some loctal tubes for driving....I recently discovered and added to my inventory:
14A4. They are single triode tubes, but the amp looks more "stereo" this way...