preamp Transistors for Headphone AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello folks.

I am currently designing an small Class A amplifier for my 32 ohm headphones but i am looking for a bit of experience regarding Transistor choice. Currently for output i am running BD135/139 and BC847 for preamp but i am not sure if the BC847 would be a good choice. The preamp does not use alot of power so almost every transistor should work. Was thinking about running MMBT3904 but i am trying to go for some transistors i could have at the place i'm working at.

To the info it is a NPN transistor.

Regards
Stefan

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
.....almost every transistor should work. ....

Exactly what you say. If the circuit is good, and the transistors are not burning-up, "almost every transistor should work".

We would need to know a LOT more about your design to comment intelligently on transistor choice.

Mt last headphone amp, I just grabbed plastic PN3055 and PN2955- the all-purpose power devices. Working about 2% of their ability, but about as cheap as any other. The one before was a single TIP120-- again loafing and cheap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.