Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Lehmann headphone amp clone on aliexpress
Lehmann headphone amp clone on aliexpress
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 04:43 AM   #11
abraxalito is offline abraxalito  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
abraxalito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito
Yeah, 250ohm would suit 330uF (nearest standard value).

There are plenty of guys who hear differences between caps, I'm not one of them (yet). So I use a bog-standard electrolytic. Preferably not a low ESR one unless that's all you have as lower ESR normally means higher leakage.

You can size your cap according to the lowest impedance 'phones you're going to use. The only downside is a bigger (longer) switch-on 'thump' with the higher-Z kinds. This can be minimized though by fitting resistors (say 1k ohm) across your jack outputs to provide the ability to charge the cap with nothing plugged in. Then only plug in your cans a few seconds after powering up.
__________________
'The total potential here must be nothing less than astronomical.'
'Nothing less. The number 10 raised almost literally to the power of infinity.'
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 09:10 AM   #12
ApolloZhang is offline ApolloZhang  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Their Beyerdynamik A-1 copy is quite good, comparing to its price. (200 bucks or so)
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 04:20 PM   #13
ammel68 is offline ammel68  United States
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southeast, U.S.
Lehmann headphone amp clone on aliexpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatto View Post
i like that !
i found this for JLH :
NEW JLH HOOD1969 Class A Headphone amplifier PCB

what do you think ?
any suggestions on ebay/aliexpress ?
As I stated above, IMO the JLH smokes the Lehmann clones for SQ.
You can "roll" all the dual op-amps you want, but it still won't match the JLH's SQ.

DC offset is a big problem with the JLH and varies wildly depending on the temperature of the output devices.
Better AC couple that one for sure as abraxalito suggests.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 03:08 AM   #14
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Aatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
Yeah, 250ohm would suit 330uF (nearest standard value).

There are plenty of guys who hear differences between caps, I'm not one of them (yet). So I use a bog-standard electrolytic. Preferably not a low ESR one unless that's all you have as lower ESR normally means higher leakage.

You can size your cap according to the lowest impedance 'phones you're going to use. The only downside is a bigger (longer) switch-on 'thump' with the higher-Z kinds. This can be minimized though by fitting resistors (say 1k ohm) across your jack outputs to provide the ability to charge the cap with nothing plugged in. Then only plug in your cans a few seconds after powering up.
will do the coupling thanks for the input
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 03:12 AM   #15
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Aatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloZhang View Post
Their Beyerdynamik A-1 copy is quite good, comparing to its price. (200 bucks or so)
yeah i did gave that one a try while back,i was happy with it till i tried this one :
GZLOZONE Lehmann HV-4 Headphone Amplifier Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammel68 View Post
As I stated above, IMO the JLH smokes the Lehmann clones for SQ.
You can "roll" all the dual op-amps you want, but it still won't match the JLH's SQ.

DC offset is a big problem with the JLH and varies wildly depending on the temperature of the output devices.
Better AC couple that one for sure as abraxalito suggests.
I already bought this one a few weeks back :

GZLOZONE HV-5-TB Headphone amplifier PCB
i wanted to give this one a try since i had good experience with GZLOZONE before and since it's hybrid. there's no info on the board, lol, took a risk

JLH is next on the list

Last edited by Aatto; 5th October 2017 at 03:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 04:30 AM   #16
ammel68 is offline ammel68  United States
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southeast, U.S.
Lehmann headphone amp clone on aliexpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatto View Post
I already bought this one a few weeks back :

GZLOZONE HV-5-TB Headphone amplifier PCB
i wanted to give this one a try since i had good experience with GZLOZONE before and since it's hybrid. there's no info on the board, lol, took a risk
Hmm...I've never seen that board before. Looks to be quite complex and uses a lot of components.
I have to agree that you took a BIG chance on that one, especially since I don't see a schematic for it.
Best of luck assembling it & working all the bugs out...LOL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 11:11 PM   #17
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Aatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammel68 View Post
Hmm...I've never seen that board before. Looks to be quite complex and uses a lot of components.
I have to agree that you took a BIG chance on that one, especially since I don't see a schematic for it.
Best of luck assembling it & working all the bugs out...LOL.
i m very pleased with how it turned out tho, as for this board yeah, i m hoping for the best ( and not preparing for the worst ! ) lol, i ll let you know how it turned out, i ll probably receive it in a week or so.

pic from finished GZLOZONE Lehmann HV-4 amp :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2078.jpg (871.9 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2019.jpg (807.7 KB, 362 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2081.jpg (443.3 KB, 356 views)

Last edited by Aatto; 5th October 2017 at 11:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 04:55 PM   #18
Gopher is offline Gopher  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
I believe Sennheiser chose the Lehmann BCL amp to power their HD800 headphones at the launch. You might think they know a thing or two about headphones and amps, so surely the BCL can't be that bad??

Like most kit they can be tweaked to some extent for better sound, primarily the power supply.

Last edited by Gopher; 10th October 2017 at 04:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 02:39 AM   #19
abraxalito is offline abraxalito  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
abraxalito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito
Curious - why would Sennheiser 'know a thing or two' about amps? I used to work for a fairly well-known speaker manufacturer, we didn't know too much about amps. The choice of amps for demos was more often than not made based on commercial considerations, not SQ ones.
__________________
'The total potential here must be nothing less than astronomical.'
'Nothing less. The number 10 raised almost literally to the power of infinity.'
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 09:44 PM   #20
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Aatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin
it does not mean if they manufacture speakers/headphones they know everything about the amps or the other way around, if you are a painter it does not mean you know how paint was made or how to make it ! but as a experienced painter you know what paint to choose.
Lehmann has a good reputation and i m sure guys at Sennheiser tried different amps before they choose one , or it's like a contract or something.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Lehmann headphone amp clone on aliexpressHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need headphone amp. Lehmann? thyristor44 Headphone Systems 21 5th May 2017 06:03 AM
100Hz Hum in Lehmann Linear clone PsychoM Headphone Systems 33 24th April 2017 08:35 AM
[Headamp] upgrading a Lehmann BCL clone Cidious Headphone Systems 381 13th March 2017 08:40 AM
adding headphone jack to dynaco pas 3 clone rwshocker Tubes / Valves 1 27th December 2010 09:19 PM
lehmann headphone amplifier clone parhelia Headphone Systems 0 7th January 2010 01:00 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki