12AU7 IRF510 HPA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
12AU7 + IRF510 SE +
CAPACITANCE MULTIPLIER

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 655
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 611
I think Sprint does not have this option. excuse

Yes, Sprint does.
RS274-X format Gerbers are what most PCB manufactures require.

Click>File>Export>Gerber Export

When the Gerber Export box pops up, Click the white boxes next to C2-copper bottom, S1-silkscreen top, O-outline and C2-soldermask.
Instead of leaving all files with a .gbr suffix like you did and Sprint does by default, take your mouse and manually change each file's suffix to what I have above.

If this seems too difficult, then can you please just attach the Sprint .lay file to your next post?

Thanks.

Sorry I'm late. Make sure it is correct.

No problem with being late.:)

After loading your file into Sprint and looking at it, right off it looks to me as though your volume pot's inner and outer connections are reversed.
You have the pot's input connections going to ground and vice versa.
Since you have the inputs on both sides of the board, I'm not sure how you're going to connect the volume pot's terminals correctly with a single layer board.
I added a top(blue) trace just to show you how the one pot terminal should connect to your left side input.
I'll let you figure out how you're going to do it with a single layer board.:p

Your 12AU7 pad holes are way too small at 1mm. Tube socket terminals are much larger.

Instead of placing pads directly on top of your ground plane, you should make those pads thermal pads.
Soldering pads attached directly to a ground plane can be a real PITA to solder since so much of your soldering iron's heat will be absorbed by the ground plane.

You can load my file into Sprint and see some of the changes I made to your layout.
I made several that I didn't point out above.

Attachments

• 12AU7 Headphone Amp.zip
    40.8 KB · Views: 94
Modifications made

Thanks

You're welcome.

Power ground and audio ground should only connect in one place only. I noticed you added another jumper connection for some reason.

The holes in the trimmer pot pads can easily be reduced to .7mm from 1mm like I did in the version I posted.

I would increase the i.d. of the mounting holes slightly to 3.1mm(assuming 3mm screws will be used) just in case the board house uses a drill on the lower side of tolerance.

Looking better though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.