Hey Audiophiles Need Some Advice !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well forums you're going to learn something new about me, it's that I'm an audiophile. Yep that's my big secret.

But on a serious note, there is such a large market for guys like me who enjoy listening to music anywhere and everywhere. Because there's a time and place for every song that's ever been made. But the only problem is some headphones are gimmicks that are over priced and others are underpriced but lack everything.

So I just made this thread to ask you guys for your opinion on what I should personally get. I've had experience with Bose and Skull Candy. I'd prefer responses or links to highly customizable headphones that have excellent quality (Because I want my headphones to match my One Plus One) but all suggestions are welcome.

The only problem I see with Bose is that its an extra $50 for one button that has a mic on it but the quality is amazing.

The problems with skull candy is that its way more affordable but lacks overall quality.

EDIT: Normal Pricing Please. Nothing over $450 because that's just ridiculous and I'd personally never take it outside.

Welcome, fellow audiophile :)

Oh man... Bose is a four-letter word around here. Seriously. Many people start their foray into good quality sound with Bose, due to the perceptions out there. But they quickly learn that you do not get anywhere near what you pay for with their products. Their headphones aren't as bad as their so-called "hi-fi" products, but you'll be better off with pretty much any respectable brand like Sennheiser, Grado or AKG.

If you want something customizable, take a look at the Fostex T50RP. These are a modder's delight. Their retail price is a very affordable $150 and they have huge potential. So much so that some companies offer pre-modified versions. Have a look here: A DIYers Delight: The Fostex T50RP Mk3 | InnerFidelity

Alternatively, the Fostex Massdrop TH-X00 are excellent value for money. Also have a look at the various HiFiMan headphones. Their planar magnetic tech is really something.

Last edited:
Have you looked at InnerFidelity? Ty prefers too much high end roll-off for my tastes but knowing that makes it easy to adjust.
Right now I'm very impressed with slightly (and easily) modified HiFiMAN HE400i, currently on sale for $250 USD. A near cottage industry exists around modifying this family of headphones. Be aware they're completely open, require significant drive and gently slopes the top end down. On the plus side they're terrifically detailed, revealing and listenable.

JVC S500 headphones with carbon nanotubies , super smooth response and great bass have a cult following. They do everything just about perfect, but I will admit they aren't the most comfortable if you have manly ears. The 680's are similar and are more comfortable but the bass is boomier compared to the deeper sounding bass of the 500's. I prefer the 500's myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.