Headphone amp using TI TPA6110A2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I'm trying to build my first headphone amp from scratch and just getting familiar with Eagle. My goal is to make something small and easy with decent sound. Anyone care to critique my design ? Here are some questions I had

1. To make it adjustable should R2, R3 be made variable with a POT or should I add a gain stage at L-IN/R-IN prior to output stage ?
2. Do I need a unity-gain buffer at input stage to increase input impedance of design ?

dc

Attachments

• hamp.png
    hamp.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 225

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> make it adjustable

Does it need to go louder? Or softer? Or you do not know?

The datasheet is mildly helpful..... "...it is recommended that the effective impedance seen by the inverting node of the amplifier be set between 5kOhms and 20kOhms."

Try these values for gain of 3.

Attachments

• dearchap-1.gif
    dearchap-1.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 204
PRR yes C1 is wrong. It should be connected to ground. I found that out later. By adjustable I mean volume. Isnt that done by adjusting the gain of the output stage ? Alternative would be to keep the output stage as is and add a gain stage at the input.
What is the 10K resistance ? Is that the input impedance present to the line input ?

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> What is the 10K resistance ?

Volume potentiometer. (pictorial)

Gain of this amp can not be adjusted over a wide range. It is just as valid to set it to the maximum gain needed (which will not be large) and trim the input level with a volume pot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.