Death Of Zen Headphone Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Progress Of my diy Death Of Zen Headphone Amplifier (Server ;) yes thats a raspberry pi)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The Most recent of my youtube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2boI2eDIg

My first idea starting this Project was just to have a super clean Class A amplifier. This project for me has morphed into a small project to a huge one. It has came from normal headphone amp to a flagship amplifier.

I have added on (because i though it would be a cool) a Raspberry Pi hence the server part of my project. At this current moment the server side is not complete and is in the works. I plan on using Volumio 2 as my primary software. I also plan on making videos of all my progress. Please Join me in the completion of this awesome project. My YouTube channel is called iybtech. I plan on making more videos with all my projects in the future.

b3k7dk.jpg

The DOZ amp that i built is designed by Rod Elliot (Death of Zen Class-A - Use it as a headphone amplifier)

Supply Voltage 20V
Suggested Quiescent Current 200 mA
Maximum power See Table 1
Output Noise (unweighted, 1k ohm source) <1 mV
Distortion @ 1kHz, 4V RMS at output < 0.4%
Output Impedance 120 ohms
Frequency Response (-0.5dB @ 100 mW) <20Hz to >50kHz

I happen to be running the amp at 36v with a Quiescent Current of 330ma. I will be lowering the Quiescent Current down closer to 200ma sooner than later.
I had it higher for stress and heat distribution testing. Another slight change from the original design is the omittance of the 120ohm feed resistor.

If anyone has good Instructions I would like to test it on a oscilloscope? I don't know where to start for basic tests but i have the equipment available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.