How good are these China drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/40MM-speaker-HIFI-fever-40PET-composite-f...

They have posted the FR graph. It looks bass heavy and the response after 3kHz looks smooth enough.

1. But can they be said to be worthwhile a purchase?

2. Also, once I had purchased a driver from alibaba, which had good bass but not so much clarity on the vocals,
WArBIwM.png

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and the FR was this -
DuiZgWN.jpg

I asked them to modify it a little bit for better vocal clarity, they gave me this FR -
GprSi8J.jpg

and

JEUM1qG.jpg

Basically, I asked them the FR to be like the "Rock" genre, pretty naive to state this here, but I prefer good midrange clarity.

Are those new FR accurate to the preference given? Are those Chinese guys doing it correctly?

3. And finally, For DIY, how reliable is it to purchase drivers from China and build a custom unit?
Are they good? Since, pretty much they are the only manufacturers, and if what is generally available off the shelf are NOT good, is the custom build option only reduced to "mods" of headphones from brands?

Last edited:
You're going to have to try them and listen/see for yourself - the guys that supply them are probably the on;ly ones that know what they'll actually do, and the way they derive the measurements of production units are sometimes mythical - for $13, don't expect too much and maybe get pleasant surprise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.