[Help] Headamp design & layout - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2016, 12:41 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default [Help] Headamp design & layout

Hi, I'm designing a headamp using opamp + lt1010 buffer chip. The LT1010's quiescent current is roughly 40mA. I have some questions regarding the design and layout

1. Since the lme49600s are obsolete, lt1010 and buf634 are my next contenders. Have anyone had experience with those chip? which one sounds betters in relation with their prices (The buf634 costs twice as much).

2. I have limited experience and knowledge about grounding. I did isolate the signal ground and the power ground and connect them at only one point. Is there any grouding issue or is my layout prone to hum and noise?
Could you pls check the layout and give me some advice.

Thanks!

ha1.png

ha1.zip
Old 26th June 2016, 06:29 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Not everyone here have Eagle CAD installed to check your layout. Post pics of your design and make your schematic more readable by clearly marking connections of the crossing wires where necessary and avoiding bare wire ends (VS+, VS- and BIAS). Use symbols there.

Regards,
Oleg
Old 27th June 2016, 02:31 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
I'd go for the LT1010 as its cheaper and SQ is more an aspect of layout and power supply cleanliness rather than specific chip choices.

Incidentally the quiescent current of the LT1010 is natively only around 6mA, the 'bias' pin in your schematic has a resistor (22R) to raise it.

Last edited by abraxalito; 27th June 2016 at 02:35 AM.
Old 27th June 2016, 02:36 AM   #4
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hta95 View Post
Hi, I'm designing a headamp using opamp + lt1010 buffer chip. The LT1010's quiescent current
is roughly 40mA. I have some questions regarding the design and layout.
You need a local bypass capacitor, 0.1uF at each IC supply pin.

Hide this!Advertise here!