hifisonix small signal class a?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just spent a good week or so listening to a build of this amp:

http://hifisonix.com/wordpress/wp-c...niversal-Small-Signal-Class-A-Buffer-V1.0.pdf

And it sounds very good. I cant figure out what the catch is, why it's not more popular. I have just basic tools, a good analog scope and a DDS signal generator. At 50kHz, the square waves look very square, no overshoot or ringing, and frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz is very flat. I've listened with every pair of headphones I own, and it makes them all sound great.

So I'm curious why I can't find more than a few older posts on this little amp?

Class A diamond buffer cancels more distortion with only a few more parts. Buffers like BUF634 and LME49600 are way simpler to use and provide better results.

I've seen your circuit around before, and there's nothing wrong with it. It's a good DIY circuit, very instructional.

Some people prefer a single ended circuit. It does produce a simpler harmonic spectrum, which is academic (in my opinion) in a high global feedback circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.