Need Help With DIY Switch Box - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2015, 01:33 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need Help With DIY Switch Box

I recently purchased a Bottlehead Crack, however I don稚 plan to use my speakers and all of my headphones with it. So, I知 thinking I値l probably need to build a DIY Switch Box to consolidate all the inputs and outputs to avoid cable swapping. I have no experience with designing or building electronics, so I値l need your help with that.

I drew a diagram of what I知 hoping to get out of the build. I hope it makes sense. I basically have two inputs, Audio-gd NFB 15.32 DAC and Bottlehead Crack. I want to be able to toggle between the NFB 15.32 and Crack, like an A/B switch. I also want to be able toggle output to my speakers (only turned on, when in use) and 4 headphones.

Sounds simple, right? I honestly wouldn't know. So this where I need your help:

Do I just buy single solid/stranded copper cables for the internal wiring? If so, what kind?
Is there something I need to solder the 3 way splitter or can I just solder 3 ends of the wires together?
What would I need to wire the 2 input / 1 output toggle switch (Probably will mount it to the front of the case)?
Any suggestions of parts for the RCA, headphone jacks, and rotary switch?
Old 28th May 2015, 01:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You might be interested in posts #35 and 40 here: Building a decent input switcher

Hide this!Advertise here!