Head 'n' HiFi - Walter: O2 Headphone Amp Kit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2014, 01:56 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Head 'n' HiFi - Walter: O2 Headphone Amp Kit

Has anyone here built up this kit? I noticed he does not provide instructions but instead links to NwAvGuy. Also for those in the US did it pass through customs easily and without extra charges?

I was looking for something to use with my Onkyo C-7030, Schiit Modi, and Beyerdynamic Custom Studios.
Old 12th November 2014, 04:13 AM   #2
zyker is offline zyker  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomish View Post
Has anyone here built up this kit? I noticed he does not provide instructions but instead links to NwAvGuy. Also for those in the US did it pass through customs easily and without extra charges?

I was looking for something to use with my Onkyo C-7030, Schiit Modi, and Beyerdynamic Custom Studios.
I use his matte black PCB. Parts can easily be sourced from Mouser. All standard O2 PCBs are following the NwAvGuy schematics with regard to the creative common license. Since you're in US, why not JDS Labs?
Old 12th November 2014, 01:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Actually even with international shipping Walter is still $20-30 cheaper since it comes with enclosure and power supply/batteries. What I don't know is if the quality of components used is the same or not.

O2 Headphone Amplifier Full Kit
Old 13th November 2014, 05:14 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I just built a O2 amplifier bought from him. The parts are standard, except the 470uF caps that are different (he says he changed for ones that had more life hours), although I can't find the reference of this new caps anywhere.

I bought everything separately with the additional "desktop package" of front and rear panel and panel mounted I/O. It was a pain in the *** to implement the 1/4 jack in the standard case (had to move the 220uF caps out of the way, cut the jack pins and solder directly to the metal on the side of it) but it was doable with tinkering. The case is not the Box Enclosures offer, but a similar product which seems high quality (the sanding is coarser though). The PCB was news to me as I've never seen a matte PCB before, and it looks really good.

The service is great, shipping is fast, and it's cheap! (Actually, if you buy everything separately instead of the DIY O2 kit, you can actually get everything cheaper, although the parts com unsorted).
Old 11th December 2014, 07:58 PM   #5
tER299 is offline tER299  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

How exactly did you install the 1/4 inch jack? Can't seem to find a way.
Old 13th December 2014, 06:11 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Pls post all O2 related queries on this The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project thread. You will get better answers from experienced DIYers.

Last edited by availlyrics; 13th December 2014 at 06:13 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!