Need Headphone Amp Schematic for NJM4556

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have some NJM4556 op amps lying around and was wondering if anyone had an available schematic for putting together a headphone amplifier? Sound quality doesn't have to be anything amazing, I just want to put a system together with a pot to control headphone volume from a line output. Otherwise if someone has any advice or would like to steer me in a different direction, I'm all ears. I would just prefer to use what I already have, but of course if I have to buy an op amp or two thats not the biggest issue. I just want a simple design that works well. Thanks in advance!

Pat

They work pretty well in a Cmoy, your basic-bones amp, and they are used in NwAvGuy's O2 HPA current-gain stage. Since it sounds like you want something basic I'd try a Cmoy first, but make sure to use at least 18V (+/-9V) to get decent performance from it.

Last edited:
You will find all the answers on NwAvGuy: Cmoy With Gain

@JoeB83 For sensitive h/p in 16-32 Ohms range, +/-5V supply is better suited, as lower supply voltage results lower thermal dissipation. I had small discussion with NwAvGuy on the same as I was facing thermal problems with SOIP JRC4556.

You're right, I just assumed higher impedance headphones would be used. I kind of forget about them when the lowest impedance IEMs I have are 100 ohms. :)

From c.e.c

Attachments

• 45.png
    45.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 902
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.