*For Sale* objective 2 Failed to launch *For Sale*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This was a kit I bought that failed , I have no idea why it does not work, theres no sound from the headphone socket no crackling nothing,no light comes on either, it was my first project. I can solder but no idea about audio devices and I dont know how to find the fault so I'm selling it as someone will be able to fix it and it would just be in a drawer somewhere if not.:cool:

What you see is what you get. ( See Pics) I've kept the case because I might have one built for me.

PM me with offers I will close it on Friday to the best one. Useing paypal for transaction.
If outside UK please be realistic about offer including postage :)

Attachments

• DSC_0174.jpg
    DSC_0174.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0175.jpg
    DSC_0175.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_0176.jpg
    DSC_0176.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I know it sounds a bit condescending but in all honesty, if distance wasn't so great, I'd be willing to look at your project as a troubleshooting and self-education effort - with the hope that we both learn something from the experience. (The recent thread about the NWAVGuy who "vanished" has stimulated a little curiosity about this circuit design.)

The UK culture seems to be more friendly to DIY activities than the U.S., so perhaps there is someone similar to me in your area who would lend a hand.

Dale

Dale

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I know it sounds a bit condescending but in all honesty, if distance wasn't so great, I'd be willing to look at your project as a troubleshooting and self-education effort - with the hope that we both learn something from the experience. (The recent thread about the NWAVGuy who "vanished" has stimulated a little curiosity about this circuit design.)

The UK culture seems to be more friendly to DIY activities than the U.S., so perhaps there is someone similar to me in your area who would lend a hand.

Dale

Dale

Hi Dale, yes I read that about NWAVGuy , maybe he got to much hassle from people who think they know what they actually dont and thought SOD IT ! Why do all this work for nothing just to get slagged off ?

Anyway I'm not worried about solving the issue atm but thanks for the kind thoughts :)

Dave

Looking at the pictures I believe you have a solder joint problem(or several). There is no flow through and no wicking of solder on the top of the board at several component leads.

You might try using a flux pin to flux the joints and resolder each joint.

Fivetide,

I agree with the Gimp. Assuming all of the parts are in the correct locations, I would bet that the issue is cold solder joints. You need to get some rosin flux and reflow everything using more heat. There is also what appears to be a possible solder bridge between two of the output transistor or regulator pads (TO-220 devices). In the center pic it is the device nearest the center of the board, bottom two pads.

Don't give up! There are lots of folks here who are happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Steve

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.