Need travel headphones < 300 dollars

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I please need advice for the best travel headphones under 300 bucks ?

low impedance needed for smartphone or Ipod like.

i know this is not about DIY but if anybody hade to choice this year for headphones to travel, i read him advices.

Thanks a lot

Eldam

active noise cancelling can be good on a flight

iem that seal well can block a lot of noise too - but may be uncomfortable for some - I have small twisty ear canals, l need different size tips for each
custom ear molds may be beyond your budget

In-ears take up the least space, obviously, and you don't need to pay that very much for something that's tolerable. Wear industrial hearing protectors over top and you'll get very good noise isolation.

If you want to block out noise, over-the-ear headphones mostly aren't very effective. However, Beyerdynamic makes headphones that are intended for use by drummers, and those are about as good as industrial hearing protectors. The model might be DT770M. Alternatively, stuff the drivers from a damaged pair of headphones into a set of industrial hearing protectors. I believe the best isolation requires gel-filled earpads, if you can afford a pair or figure out a DIY solution.

As for active noise cancellation, I get the impression that it takes real DSP tech like Bose uses to produce worthwhile results.

Thanks for inputs,

I looked at internet reviews and tried to choose opinions not written by false users (net marketing company) or print reviews with not to much adds... because I couldn't test the headphones by myself before buying its.

I finally bought a Fostex TH-7. not expensive at 58 euros (enough for a travel or street use). i hesitate with Philips Fidelio M1 but at 200 euros i choose the Q/P and the non fatiguing listening reputation both shared by this model (I hope).

Bonne année 2014...

DUG offers the best solution.

I have a fairly inexpensive over the ear noise cancelling headphone. I do not see the point of getting anything expensive to overide airplane noise. I plug my earhole with a cheapo foam 30dB plug.

I turn the headphone volume up quite loud so that the attenuated sound on my eardrum is normal. This gives me double noise cancelling. It is the best way to reduce flight fatique.

The earplug destroyes any decent frequency response, but a price well worth to pay for a quite background noise on your eardrums. Unfortunately, a certain amount of noise penetrates the skull around the outside of the noise cancelling phones.

I use regular earbuds when not in the airplane and away from home. Even moderately inexpensive ones can be excellent. No need to spend anywhere near $200.

I haven't tried the latest noise cancelling headphones, but the ones I tried a few years ago gave me a weird feeling. I don't know how to describe it, but it felt like negative pressure. For noise rejection I prefer a good sealed headphone or an IEM.

Have you tried the NAD Viso HP50? It's right within your price range and has received very favorable reviews.

I have had tons of differerent headphones in my life. Currently I m using inexpensive foldable and with detachable cable akg k450. There is a new model revised so check it out. I bought them 2 years ago and headphones never let me down. Here in london they become extremely popular due to price quality ratio plus really comfy. Icing on the cake is a red dot design award. Oh yes and plus nice carry case if you need. the price in gbp below 50 £

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.