From amp w/ "bare wire" output to headphones...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I have the signal coming from my computer, to an Amp (PFA300). The output on the amp is for bare speaker wire (would normally power a speaker either in a car or home stereo system). I would like to find some adapter that would convert it to a 1/4 jack for my headphones. I have seen this setup before, but I dont know what to look for... any ideas?

Which Xonar do you have ? Some have pretty decent headphones out.

Otherwise, in order to help you, we'll need to know: the headphones you use and your budget.

I have the Xonar DG, and while it has decent amp out for headphones, I need something to control volume/bass/treble (not the software). I am replacing the in-line volume control cord.

I am also planning on replacing the headphones soon as well, so this should work for a general pair. Maybe going the Koss ProDJ100 Headphones (with different pads) or perhaps the NVX Audio XPT100. I have yet to decide.

For the budget... well anything over $50 is more than I want to spend. If it is gonna cost that much I may just re-purpose my old Sony STRDE597 receiver to be my headphone amp.

For under 50$, have a look on ebay. Not many amps with treble/bass controls though.

Either a chinese thing (plenty of ac powered ones on sale, especially some using tpa6120a, which is a good chip for a start).

Or an used amp geared towards musicians such as the art headamp (at the limit, the berhinger ha400).

Edit: that assumes you don't want to diy ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.