Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

O2 headamp output booster PCB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th January 2018, 03:55 AM   #391
Technical Petting is offline Technical Petting  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypodCrow View Post
I've tried this as well - sadly no response in the past few days.

Thanks
Has anybody heard from him? I haven't gotten a response either. I've never had to have a PCB made, are the png's in the drive document sufficient for doing that?

In the meantime, I just received my panel mount RCAs and power jack to install in the rear. Any advice on how to place them to ensure I can still fit the booster card in later, assuming I still can get one?
Old 22nd January 2018, 03:05 AM   #392
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

Default No more Booster Board PCBs or assembled units available

Hello everyone! A big thanks to Adydula for letting me know about the questions in this thread. Due to time commits these days I rarely get to stop by here anymore.

Unfortunately I'm no longer selling the O2 Booster Board PCBs or assembled units (and never did sell kits).

I do see 8 PMs right now, I will try to go through those tomorrow. Again, sorry about the delayed replies, just not much time for the audio hobby anymore.
Old 22nd January 2018, 03:15 AM   #393
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello CHiroshi!

Sorry about the delayed reply, as per above just not much time for audio anymore. Well the good news on the measurements is that I've been slowly collecting equipment. I recently took delivery of one of the new RTX6001 audio analyzers (JensH unit, in the equipment thread on the forum here) and a Panasonic VP7722A analyzer. But the trick is finding the time to learn/use them. Probably not on the horizon, TBH. That is one of the reasons I'm not selling the boards right now. If I ever restart selling them I want them to be measured by more than the current QA401.

On the problem you are having, removing that latch board is a good place to start. It is the one project that never functioned correctly. I stopped selling them a long time ago. Best to unplug it and put the 2903 (I think that is the chip) back in. I know that for a short period I was including those with the Booster Board fully assembled builds. I forget the details now, but it is a state problem. There was one specific combination of on and off where the latch board didn't function as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiroshi View Post
Hi agdr!

Any news on the measurements?

with the opa140, as well as your latch board.
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:45 AM   #394
CHiroshi is offline CHiroshi  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Hi agdr!

Thanks for the update, and I guess being kept busy is a good thing, even though we miss your contributions here!
Pity on the booster boards, but I understand your idea of selling products that are fully measured and spec:ed. Although, as my ears tell me, we can safely assume the booster board probably meets its intended objective specs!

I ended up removing the latch board, as that seemed the natural thing to try, and sure enough, everything is back to normal!

Best
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:33 PM   #395
TypodCrow is offline TypodCrow
diyAudio Member

Any chance we can get the board designs added to the original post so that we can have these printed on our own?
Old 27th February 2018, 06:32 PM   #396
sonichedgehog36 is offline sonichedgehog36  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypodCrow View Post
Any chance we can get the board designs added to the original post so that we can have these printed on our own?
^This. Please post the board design files. Tangent did the very same thing with the PPA and PIMETA projects when time and interest waned.
Old 28th February 2018, 12:00 PM   #397
adydula is offline adydula  United States
diyAudio Member

I sent AGDR a note and if he replies I will post..

Alex
Old 26th June 2018, 12:34 AM   #398
diyAudio Member

For anyone in search of the ever elusive Booster Board and/or an Objective2 with AGDR's upgrades, you can get them here either via Head-Fi or eBay:

Objective2 (O2) Extreme Edition Amplifier: Preassembled with V3.1 Booster Board! | eBay

[FS] Objective2 (O2) Extreme Edition Amplifier: Preassembled with V3.1 Booster Board! | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
Old 26th June 2018, 12:49 PM   #399
adydula is offline adydula  United States
diyAudio Member

This look like a one time sale of an O2 unit with the booster board.
Doesnt look like this is a real source of these items...just someone selling on Ebay and Headfi.

If anyone is interested in a complete O2 with booster board in a case with power supply.

PM me.

Alex
Old 26th June 2018, 06:28 PM   #400
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post
This look like a one time sale of an O2 unit with the booster board.
Doesnt look like this is a real source of these items...just someone selling on Ebay and Headfi.

If anyone is interested in a complete O2 with booster board in a case with power supply.

PM me.

Alex
It is just one set of them, I myself being the source and seller. I used the word “them” in referring to the two items, the O2 and the Booster Board.

O2 headamp output booster PCBHide this!Advertise here!