Design Issue: Cascaded passive filer stages - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th June 2013, 02:05 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Design Issue: Cascaded passive filer stages

Hi

In the Headwize article Designing An Opamp Headphone Amplifier | HeadWize the author states "Low and high pass filters can be cascaded at the input, so long as the resistor values of each filter are different by at least a factor of 10."

Could someone please elaborate on this limitation. Are there unwanted interactions between passive filter stages with similar resistor values? I'm aware of the attenuation caused the the two resistors; they're effectively an AC voltage divider.

I've posted this question at the bottom of the article page, but I'm not sure that I can expect attention at that site. Also, feel free to point me to a more appropriate forum or site for posting this question.

thanks in advance

Hide this!Advertise here!