ESP P113 voltage gain of 1, will it work? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th February 2013, 02:21 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Smile ESP P113 voltage gain of 1, will it work?

I'm looking at building this amp: Headphone Amplifier
Can anyone help me predicting what the result would be if I replaced the resistor in the feedback loop with a jumper? Would it make the amp more likely to oscillate?
And if this would cause any problems, then what would be the correct way to make it work with 0 dB gain?

Thanks is advance!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10th February 2013, 02:38 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Add a resistor between C1L and R1L . Value 22K. Change R1L to 1 K. That way the amp works as designed and you just drop the input signal. Here the gain will be very slightly over x1 ( = 1+ 1/22 )
Old 10th February 2013, 11:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

That would not decrease the gain of the actual amp but just attenuate the input signal?
The idea is to decrease the gain of the amp to decrease the distortion at lower load impedances. I'm just afraid that it will cause the amp to oscillate, if I make the feedback resistance 0, since the decrease in gain could increase bandwidth.
But thanks for the suggestion (:
Old 10th February 2013, 11:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The stability of the opamp in a given situation is down to the choice of opamp, the opa2134 is unity stable and a standard choice in headphone amps, cd/dac outputs etc. Its also the one on the esp site. Opamps all have a datasheet that will cover stability and how to connect them under different circumstances.
Old 12th February 2013, 02:30 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot!

Hide this!Advertise here!