Pimeta V2 or O2?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm looking towards my second diy amp project. As usual, cmoy was the first, but now I'm looking for something with a little more punch. I've been looking at the 50-100$ diy range that has the ability to recharge/run on wall plug with two batteries. This has left me with the options of tangent's Pimeta v2 and nwavguy's Objective2. I haven't been able to find information on the notable differences of both and also comparing the two.

My main needs are swappable opamps and option to recharge/use on batteries or wall plug. I don't need them to be portable. The two amps cover these. Could someone help me decide? Thank you. :)

Go for O2, because
- Of the shelf, readily available, thru hole parts(no SMD or boutique parts used)
- Simple yet good objective design.
- Near zero ohm o/p impedance (0.5 Ohms)
- Drives 16-600 Ohms h/p with o/p 7V rms /200mA max with adj. gain
- Employs real gnd (No shaky virtual gnd or 3-ch. gnd "concept")
- Flat audio response - no coloration.

I can go on & on...;)
I won't list any flaws of pimeta as I don't want to start any "War Of Words"

You can get kits/finished O2 from many good reliable sources like jtktam(audio poutine), swalter(Head n Hifi) or epiphany acoustics right here at diyaudio (also lots of help from fellow diyaudio members, especially moders like agdr).

Last edited:
the distinction between AMB, head-fi's faddish "3 channel" and a active split supply is very small on the pcb

its usually easy to cut and jump (or lift a pin or 2) to have a single copper path from input singal gnd to output gnd

if the project already has a dual polarity supply you can just not stuff the 3rd "gnd channel" - again add a jumper or 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.