Left/Right Channel balancer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm wondering how one would go about making a left/right channel balancer. I have about 10% hearing loss in my right ear which makes listening with headphones rather difficult, if not annoying. I currently use an O2 amp, Shure SRH840 cans, and either an iPod with line out or connected to my computer via an ODAC. The only way I can realistically change this with the equipment I have now is if I change the balance through the 'sound mixer menu' on the computer. I was thinking a 1K ohm trim pot on each channel would do the trick, would that work well enough?

That's a wonderful idea, it never would have crossed my mind! I'm using the default values for the gain resistors (1K & 274R). How would I calculate which values I should use? Or should I just start changing the resistors about 10R at a time until I reach the balance I want?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.