A47 / Crystal CMoy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking to put together a combination of the two.

Couple of questions...

1. Think its doable in a freeform/point-to-point form?
  2. Can I run an A47 off of 9V or does it require 18V?
  3. For the power supply, I'd prefer to steer clear of a voltage divider, so TLE2426, op amp based, or Sijosae's method? (buffers are rather expensive where I am so would like to avoid them)
  4. Based off of the schematics I found (below), if I eliminate the pot does anything need to change?
  5. Are those resistor values "decent"? (not 100% sure how to work out the gain in a buffered setup)
  6. OPA2134 or OPA2227 or OPA2132?
  7. In theory, if I were to implement a bass boost via a RC circuit, in which feedback loop would it be placed? Or both? (referring to the schematics)
A47.gif

(all credit due to image creators/owners)

knowing the 112 dB SPL re 1 Vrms senstivity number helps too

these would actually be fine for most listening direct from most DAP which are designed for even lower Z loads already

3.5 Vpk, 70 mA pk would drive them to ~120 dB SPL

single 9V would be fine but you do need to do something re supply splitting or (gasp) output C DC blocking

output coupling Caps let the amp signal ground run from a simple resistive supply splitter

but require large caps to get the low frequncy corner below audio with the low Z load of the headphones

if you follow the recommendations for "best" practice for the application - seriesed non-polar electrolytic, fc ~1/10 the hedphone 3dB point - they end up bigger than the battery for your 50 Ohm headphones - a detraction for portable use

question 3 not answered

Paulb,

Per the OP's original inquiry, question # 3 is asking:

For the power supply, I'd prefer to steer clear of a voltage divider, so TLE2426, op amp based, or Sijosae's method? (buffers are rather expensive where I am so would like to avoid them)

So he's pretty much read all about this. Instead of giving him a drive by condescension, why not give him you insight to the methods you have tried???

Paulb,

Per the OP's original inquiry, question # 3 is asking:

For the power supply, I'd prefer to steer clear of a voltage divider, so TLE2426, op amp based, or Sijosae's method? (buffers are rather expensive where I am so would like to avoid them)

So he's pretty much read all about this. Instead of giving him a drive by condescension, why not give him you insight to the methods you have tried???
Well, after reading these posts:
Output DC blocking? Thought that was what the input cap was for, to block DC
Hmm..I must say, im rather lost, im not going to lie
I thought some self-education was in order.
The answer in fact depends on the power source voltage and headphone impedance.

Hi guys...i'm newbie here...

i've just read this post a few month a go...and i've build an amp kind of similar with this one, and the result is awesome. But lately i'm thinking that the simple version of O2 (the power management is replaced with rail splitter design by sijosae) would be the same as this design isn't it??with the only different is the current buffer , the O2 is having double current buffer for each channel, this ones only have one....

the Problems is, if i considering the simplicity and it would drive headphone with impedance in range of 24-105 ohm... which one would be better in terms of sound quality...??this ones, or simple O2??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.