Rigs test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all,

I bought a new headphone, a set of Sony MDR-V55.
After few test (and a proper burn-in) they sound fine, but seems to me they are quite a beast to drive.
I say this because I can drive without any problem with my beloved Creative Zen Xtra, but seems that my HTC Desire, my Philips Raga and my notebook cannot drive them properly (highs are flat, mid are not perfectly present).

So, I decided to run few test on my rigs.
My idea was to play different signals through all of my rigs, and record the results using my digital oscilloscope.
To do this I will prepare a test rig with a dummy load (1000 and 32 Ohm) and run all of my sources through it.

Now my question: is there anybody that can supply me with a set of square wave/pure sine wave files (MP3? FLAC?) in manner I can play them through the sources?
I would like to have a set of square wave files (10Hz, 100Hz, 1000Hz, 10000Hz, what else?), and sine wave files.

Moreover, it would be nice to have a file with a sine wave changing frequency from, let's say 10Hz to 20000Hz in a continuous mode, so I can trace a sort of frequency response.

In other word, I would like to use my source as signal generators, ands record their frequency range.

This should help me for the next step, to building a new headphone amplifier.

Anybody can help me?

best regards,
Giovanni Albergoni

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.