Converting an Amp to Balanced XLR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I have a beyerdynamic A! Headphone Amp copy & like the original it only has a fixed RCA input and the standard quarter inch jack out for the Headphones.
So my question is as I am a Novice is how could I convert my Amp to fully balanced XLR for both input and output.
Or would it just be to difficult because of the basic design.
I have included some pics of the Amp too, internal and external.
Cheers

Attachments

• Image 12.png
    Image 12.png
    895.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Image 13.jpg
    Image 13.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 112
not possible, well you could use transformers as a phase splitter on the output, but that would be rather pointless IMO. you would have balanced drive, but it would not make your amp balanced, or increase performance (well not past having double the voltage at half the current (same power minus losses) its unlikely thats what you are after though

you need 4 amp sections/phases for balanced (Left + and -, Right + and -), you have only L and R + ground, do you have a balanced source?

Last edited:
before anyone says, anythings possible... true but the extensive modifications required here would make it easier to just build another amp that is balanced and sell this one, as well as being beyond what smoothlondener had in mind i'm sure.

it would require basically building another amp inside the case

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.