Help with new DIY amp decision (5th Gen iPod, LOD, and 250ohm DT770 Pro) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd July 2012, 09:48 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help with new DIY amp decision (5th Gen iPod, LOD, and 250ohm DT770 Pro)

I posted this question over at head-fi but was directed here as well... Help with new DIY amp decision (5th Gen iPod, LOD, and 250ohm DT-770 Pro)

So I built a cmoy that works well, but never really got used much because I also have a BSG cmoy that I like more*because it is built with better components.
I'm looking to upgrade now however and am trying to figure out what I should build. I want to use quality components in a quality enclosure.*It doesn't necessarily have to be portable (I will only be using it at my desk at work). I'm not looking to break the bank, but I'm figuring it will cost more than my prebuilt cmoy.
So far I have been looking at the schematics for the PPA V2 and the Pimeta V2, but don't know much about either yet. Just looking for suggestions that would sound best with my headphones.

Hide this!Advertise here!