Headset goes to surgery :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi :)

I have a headset with a PTT button and microphone which I really like (they are comfortable, have good sound).

The point is that I wanted to use them on a device whose input is not compatible with the plug of the headset.

Then I began to wonder if you could do a "copy/paste" and transplant the correct plug in the headset. :p

The headset has this plug:

KenwoodPgmPlgw.jpg

"Amputate" the plug and "transplanting" the correct form:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(Images for illustration purposes only)

Is that possible? :D

Sorry the bad english and if the question is too basic or too crazy but I am newbie in this stuff.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Seems like it would be much easier to make an adapter cable for it instead of trying to solder a new connector on the end. Those internal wires are usually all enameled and are a pain to solder. Not to mention you will have multiple wires to combine together onto the new TRS connector.

I've never seen that type of 2 pin connector before. After a quick Google search it looks like it's for use with 2 way radios. They do make adapters to convert to a 3.5mm, but they are the opposite sex of what you need: 3.5mm Earpiece Adapter For 2-Pin Kenwood Radio TH-D7 | eBay

So it's definitely do-able. You could just build your own version of this adapter with male and female 2.5mm and 3.5mm connectors.

Seems like it would be much easier to make an adapter cable for it instead of trying to solder a new connector on the end. Those internal wires are usually all enameled and are a pain to solder. Not to mention you will have multiple wires to combine together onto the new TRS connector.

I've never seen that type of 2 pin connector before. After a quick Google search it looks like it's for use with 2 way radios. They do make adapters to convert to a 3.5mm, but they are the opposite sex of what you need: 3.5mm Earpiece Adapter For 2-Pin Kenwood Radio TH-D7 | eBay

So it's definitely do-able. You could just build your own version of this adapter with male and female 2.5mm and 3.5mm connectors.

Thanks for the answer dheming. :)

So, you are talking about build something like this?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have searched everywhere looking for an adaptor like that one but I can find any that fits. :confused:

About creating a "home adaptor" i think it will be very difficult.
How do I know how many wires I need and how do I connect them? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.