Beware of Fake Beats Mixr Headphone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All
I recently bought a new model of Beats Mixr heaphone. I compared to my friend's headphone which he bought earlier this year (2012).
We noticed that two headphones are in big difference. We went to authorized distributor and compare with their sample,
Finally and unfortunately my headphone is a big Fake.
I share the information here and hope it will be helpfull to everyone.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 326
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03272.JPG
    DSC03272.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
That's sad. I've been very critical of the beats until I heard the MIXR. Now I think there's actually one model that sounds good. There's still a lot of cost for the brand, but at least this one sounds about right.

I wonder if they swiped some of the original parts in terms of driver and housing. Do they sound OK? Do they sound even better (fingers crossed)?

This is a much closer visual match than the Superlux phones are to the AKG's they ripped off.

This is a much closer visual match than the Superlux phones are to the AKG's they ripped off.
That might just have something to do with (not) trying to pass for the other... :rolleyes:

Given the popularity of Monster Cable headphones (good marketing for sure), it's no surprise that there are plenty of fakes around for just about any model. The classic "rent a Chinese factory" game...

Yeah, Beats are probably the worst headphones you can get for your money. They even come with 'equalisation enhancements' to download for portable media players to compensate for poor frequency response. If you want decent headphones, then get Grados.

hmm as cool as grados are, mentioning that beats need DL'able enhancements to compensate for poor FR and then recommending Grados is a bit ironic, grados are anything but neutral, not even close and I wouldnt even think that was part of the brief for the design. neither was isolation....

they are forward, rather mid-centric headphones that leak like hell, with extended, pretty fast response in the highs too, though missing the bottom octave and I dont mean boom. I find them a touch fatiguing with some tunes, but for rocking out they are pretty excellent, for a while. I could never have them as my only headphone, but they are nice for a change. I had some vintage MSpros here recently for repair and I enjoyed them very much with some of my more guitar driven music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.