Marsh headphone amp from Linear Audio

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Here we are in November..

and I'm still tail dragging! I decided to get this jump started and I ordered some boards from jackinnj as well so I can put this back on the fast track again. By next week I should be a-building. :)

I'll work out my own board during the holidays as I have parts to spare.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Islands

Doin' the beaches in Phuket? -- one of my partners came back with a mail-order-bride that way.

I dont recommend mail order brides.... But Phuket is fine as the women are -- I left the big island and took off for a smaller island off the big one. called coconut Island. Must have been a coconut plantation back in the colonial days.... they are all over the place... just pick one up and crack it open on a rock and drink its juice/water. Stayed there for a week. only went to phuket for food and brought it back by small boat to my hut on Coconut island. Swimming, sailing, goofying off. Was great but rather primitive in some ways.... not quit ready for prime-time. I got back to the land of Oz a week ago and am undergoing time warp thearapy. :) -RNM

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Building of jackinnj board coming along but I am w/o the appropriate trimmers...now on order!

KOA Speer MOX resistors are slightly bigger than Panasonic MOX so I set them off from the board. I expected this as I had bought all parts a couple of months ago and laid them out for my board. All good...it will still work fine. :)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Not yet, but I commented this upcoming Spring that I would buy the product. BTW, as far as US pricing, it dropped 10% on Amazon.com.

Building progressing slowly due to flu season popping up now and having to run family to the doctor, etc. I also had parts for my board that would not fit on jackinnj's board (resistors, trimmer, etc.) and the new parts just arrived 2 days ago.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
That should work great for headphone EQ as well. Which DAW do you use? Thx-RNMarsh

Funny that you ask because way back when I brought up a comment in this thread about what exact product that you used in the article because I wasn't sure which one was the appropriate product to buy once I started researching this on the net.

I had no clue what a DAW was but Google is thy friend and realized I don't have any DAW software at all. The only thing I have that comes close is Wavelab (same folks that have Cubase).

But nice to know this product would work for the headphone EQ despite my confusion on this topic.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Proof of progress

A miracle for the season! :D

I even found some old 1k Roderstein resistors that a buddy gave me "way back when" from the audio store where he worked.

Attachments

• IMG_3790.JPG
    IMG_3790.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 878
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Auto EQ for headphones -

Funny that you ask because way back when I brought up a comment in this thread about what exact product that you used in the article because I wasn't sure which one was the appropriate product to buy once I started researching this on the net.

I had no clue what a DAW was but Google is thy friend and realized I don't have any DAW software at all. The only thing I have that comes close is Wavelab (same folks that have Cubase).

But nice to know this product would work for the headphone EQ despite my confusion on this topic.

I used a DSP hardware product made by Audyssey; EQ Equalizer Pro. DAW software should work also. But I havent tried them. -RNM

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I used a DSP hardware product made by Audyssey; EQ Equalizer Pro. DAW software should work also. But I havent tried them. -RNM

Judging from the Audyssey website, they are pitching the software now. No surprise, as my previous employer pulled out of producing test hardware in favor of software based testing programs.

This seems to be one of their top products -
ARC System 2

Once I purchase the product, I'll be happy to report the steps I took and how well it works with the head amp.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Well, maybe a DAW is needed for the ARC product after all. A reviewer on Amazon.com said it is really a great product but he and many others wish it had a simple plug-in to permit easy playing of one's music library through it.

So it sounds like a few hoops to jump to get to where we want to be. I'll keep searching for a similar product that may be more 'plug 'n play'.