Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2012, 03:55 AM   #511
sonidos is offline sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMarsh View Post
That should work great for headphone EQ as well. Which DAW do you use? Thx-RNMarsh

Funny that you ask because way back when I brought up a comment in this thread about what exact product that you used in the article because I wasn't sure which one was the appropriate product to buy once I started researching this on the net.

I had no clue what a DAW was but Google is thy friend and realized I don't have any DAW software at all. The only thing I have that comes close is Wavelab (same folks that have Cubase).

But nice to know this product would work for the headphone EQ despite my confusion on this topic.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:49 AM   #512
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonidos View Post
I also had parts for my board that would not fit on jackinnj's board (resistors, trimmer, etc.) and the new parts just arrived 2 days ago.
After the turn of the year I will put together batches of parts (including the matched transistors.)

In the interim, I'll put together a BOM with the device sizes.
Old 13th December 2012, 04:05 PM   #513
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

That's great news for those who like a quick turn solution. Obviously I like to go slowwwwwww hahahaha
Old 13th December 2012, 04:08 PM   #514
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post
After the turn of the year I will put together batches of parts (including the matched transistors.)

Great! I dunno when i'll start mine but having the matched transistors is a great start
Old 13th December 2012, 08:31 PM   #515
diyAudio Member

I am going to have some "carriers" made for the JFETs so that SMT devices can be used. The SOT23 are DGS, but the boards are set up for DSG. At any rate, the carriers will allow the devices to be thermally conjoined.
Old 15th December 2012, 07:38 PM   #516
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Default Proof of progress

A miracle for the season!

I even found some old 1k Roderstein resistors that a buddy gave me "way back when" from the audio store where he worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3790.JPG (110.3 KB, 422 views)

Last edited by sonidos; 15th December 2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: quotes added
Old 17th December 2012, 08:05 PM   #517
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Auto EQ for headphones -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonidos View Post
Funny that you ask because way back when I brought up a comment in this thread about what exact product that you used in the article because I wasn't sure which one was the appropriate product to buy once I started researching this on the net.

I had no clue what a DAW was but Google is thy friend and realized I don't have any DAW software at all. The only thing I have that comes close is Wavelab (same folks that have Cubase).

But nice to know this product would work for the headphone EQ despite my confusion on this topic.
I used a DSP hardware product made by Audyssey; EQ Equalizer Pro. DAW software should work also. But I havent tried them. -RNM

Last edited by RNMarsh; 17th December 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 18th December 2012, 10:01 AM   #518
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post

I'll certainly be intrested in some parts you make available, especially matched devices.

I'll keep an eye open for updates.

|-O-|
Old 18th December 2012, 03:02 PM   #519
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMarsh View Post
I used a DSP hardware product made by Audyssey; EQ Equalizer Pro. DAW software should work also. But I havent tried them. -RNM

Judging from the Audyssey website, they are pitching the software now. No surprise, as my previous employer pulled out of producing test hardware in favor of software based testing programs.

This seems to be one of their top products -
ARC System 2

Once I purchase the product, I'll be happy to report the steps I took and how well it works with the head amp.
Old 19th December 2012, 03:45 AM   #520
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Well, maybe a DAW is needed for the ARC product after all. A reviewer on Amazon.com said it is really a great product but he and many others wish it had a simple plug-in to permit easy playing of one's music library through it.

So it sounds like a few hoops to jump to get to where we want to be. I'll keep searching for a similar product that may be more 'plug 'n play'.

Hide this!Advertise here!