how to store headphone cables? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th March 2012, 08:07 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I haven't found any earbuds that store very well other than spooling them and even then, they get into tangled mess at times. This is where the bags come in handy again.

The Mini3 is nice and straightforward, except never got to try one. The vintage amplifers are relatively cheap, in fact I only paid for one ($50 for an hk 330i -- not the best hk out there, but I liked the looks), the other ones (Sony, Hitachi, and a Technics), and parts (Pioneer, TEAC, Realistic) of were all free from parent's friends and friends of mine.

I call it the "HDMI syndrome" -- when you can't hook something up to your flat panel via HDMI, a family member will tell you to throw it in the garbage.
Old 9th March 2012, 09:27 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

hmm that gives me an idea, i guess i will go visit the swap meet or pawnshops around town, guess there would be pre hdmi syndrome hardware there. and that would give me an excuse to leave the house.
Old 10th March 2012, 01:43 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

While there are several good reasons to pick up some vintage gear - like look and feel - headphone driving usually isn't one. You normally find the usual cheap high-resistance power amp taps well in the hundreds of ohms. Preamp sections can be distinctly free from lack of coloration, too.

I never found much need for organizing the cable on any of my "grown-up" cans save for spooling them loosely. In-ears of the better kind usually come with handy transport cases to store them spooled up. The ones supplies with Shures are quite good.
Old 10th March 2012, 02:01 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

yeah for now my k240 is the only grown up can i have, i consider my beats as being a fad and a mistake. i do have a couple of old iems i had since high school that is why i dont have any case for them. as far as vintage, i am setting up a system of both diy and prebuilt equipment, i ordered a tritrix kit as my first diy speaker. i plan on using a dedicated headphone amp for my headphones, and vintage equipment per se for my listening media center. and also i guess it is just personal choice but i hate to see cables just hanging...thanks for the inputs

Hide this!Advertise here!