O2 amp. Need enclosure suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been looking around today for some cool enclosures to go with the o2 amp.

Have been finding some cool stuff. Been checking out allied, eBay, silicon ray but would like some suggestions.

I will just edit the cad drawing of the front plate to reflect the need for whatever enclosure I end up deciding on.

Go with the proven case in in the bill of materials. Then, update the case by buying some slightly larger recessed head hex bolts and tap the holes with the correct thread tool. This will make the process of getting back into the case much easier since you'll have established threads.

Also, keep in mind there are many front panel options available - clear plastic, silver aluminum from JDS Labs and even now some bamboo panels are starting to appear.

I saw that one. I'm really starting to warm up to the standard enclosure actually.

The standard enclosure still allows for some tweaking. Sure, you can get it in many colors, but I have the silver and the black. The silver one has the black panel from the "group buy" that was put together on this forum. The black-cased O2 is from JDS Labs and features a silver face. Both have their merits, while the black case seems a bit more subtle and stands out slightly less.

As mentioned before, the standard case can be re-tapped with a larger and proper thread size so you can install a variety of bolts to hold the plates on. My "mini" bolts require an allen wrench to tighten them down. Plus, they're black and look a bit more professional than even the black phillips head screws.

I think that case is great for "true" desktop use. Plus, it would allow a user to keep the batteries in place and install the DAC once the plans and build list get released.

He said on his blog that the dac won't be able to be DIY since the parts needed aren't widely available.
the dac is only available from a retailer because they have to specially order the parts in bulk.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.