Suggestions, Opinions needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am clearing out "junk" I have collected over the years in old circuits that I am no longer using.

I have some ICs, TL071, AD844, AD797, NE5534 (signetics) and finally a pair of LH0002 buffers.

I also have on a perfboard a 7815/7915 power supply with space for the four ics required. Some 100K stereo log pots and a 25VCT 100ma transformer.

I am thinking of making a current boosted op amp headphone amp with the above.

Can anyone suggest the best op amp from the list above to use with the LH0002 buffer and pot. I am thinking a non inverting stage followed by the buffer. What about including the buffer in the feedback or not?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Do you only have one of each of these opamps? Or (hopefully) pairs?

Some of these parts are quite fast and I imagine would take some skill to implement well on perfboard.

IMO 100k pots are too high in value to be useful for anything high performance.

Assuming there are two opamps of each, this is what I'd do:

5534 (compensated for unity gain) as an input buffer --> 2k2 pot --> AD797 or AD844 for gain stage + LH0002 buffer inside feedback loop (may need feedback as suggested for capacitive load driving to get opamp GBW as seen by the buffer down - buffer bandwidth should be a good bit higher than opamp GBW/voltage gain).

I have pairs, With regards to the suggestion, I don't have enough space on the perfboard to implement the three IC arrangement with the forward buffer. So I am thinking of dropping the buffer as it will be driven by a Asus Xonar DG soundcard. I am thinking of using a resistor gain setting of 4.7K/1K. If so, any suggestions as to how much capacitance I should put across the 4.7k? This contraption will drive a pair of Koss Portapros and occasionally Sennheiser HD598s until I build up the Wire.
Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.