Help with Gamma y1 and y2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build the Gamma y1 Full Config and then pair it with the y2. I got all the parts needed for both setups from the AMB website and Mouser. But, the parts I got from the AMB site are not labeled so I don't know which piece goes where. The RCA jacks I can probably figure out, but the resistors and the red things, I have no idea where they go. Same for the DAC, etc. Is there a part number to part number list like the Objective 2 had for this? I think the Mouser parts I can do that for since it's listed on the site, but I am saying for these AMB parts I really have no idea which piece goes where. Please help!

y1 DAC PCB set + acc. 1 12.00 12.00
y2 DAC PCB + acc. 1 15.00 15.00
12.000MHz crystal HC49USX 1 0.50 0.50
Wima 1uF 63V film capacitor 5 0.90 4.50
47uH miniature inductor 1 0.30 0.30
47Kx5 resistor ntwk bussed 2 0.30 0.60
68Rx4 resistor ntwk isolated 3 0.30 0.90
DC power jack 1.3mm PCB-mount 1 0.70 0.70
3.5mm stereo phone jack PCB-mount 2 1.10 2.20
RCA jack PCB-mount gold contacts 3 1.25 3.75
3P pin receptacle 2 0.40 0.80
5P pin receptacle 2 0.50 1.00
PCM2707PJT USB DAC 1 8.50 8.50
TORX147PL fiber-optic receiver 1 2.15 2.15
TPS2115APW power multiplexer 1 2.65 2.65
WM8501GED/V 24b/192K DAC 1 2.50 2.50

I take it you cant read a schematic? none of the parts are similar but different, anything that you have listed above that looks the same, IS the same. i'm not quite sure what you want us to do for you, this is diy, thus DIY. the mouser parts will be labelled with the part number and value, probably also the part assignment is on the BOM you used to make the order. resistors if somehow they arent labelled, its an easy task to measure each part so you know what it is, then look at the BOM, the PCB and the schematic to figure it out (which you should do anyway, mouser has been known to make the odd mistake)

if you are going to take on projects like this, you really need to learn how to read a schematic, not all diy is paint by numbers like the O2

Yeah, DIY designers including guidance on everything from how to add parts quickly to your Mouser basket and how to hold components when soldering is the exception rather than the rule!

If you haven't already, get a cheap multimeter and/or learn to read resistor colour codes: as qusp says that would be a good starting point.

I have a DMM, and thanks for your help. I know I need to be able to read a schematic but I am still very new at this stuff and I thought you needed to go to school to know all this stuff. That's why the Objective 2 was nice because the parts bags were labeled and I just matched that up to the BOM. I can do that for the most part with this project too, but it would be nice for projects like the Alien DAC which had nothing to go off of, to know where each piece goes. I had to throw that away because it didn't work and I am sure it's because a piece was in the wrong position. I just went off very close pictures. But I think I got it with this Gamma so far, the AMB forum is a good help for this too since they probably know more.

I would really advise learning to associate parts to schematics.
Electronics schematics are pretty straightforward if you just want to know what's what, and in DIY electronics they'll often have the actual part numbers next to the symbol so you don't even have to look up the value of R22 or whatever part you're looking at.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.