"The Wire" Remaining Headphone Amp Boards and Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
definitely a small 2 case 'miniblocks' build i reckon, i mean its got such large PSRR it doesnt make a lot of engineering sense, but visually for contrast and for humor sake i think it'll be a good look given you can make them both quite small, particularly as you arent limited by the size of the volume pot. small miniblocks with tiny little conical feet =)

but what would you use for a small umbilical? suppose max current isnt large so you could use mini 4 pin XLR or something, keep it close though, as although there is overkill local decoupling/bypass, there isnt a huge amount of capacitance, dont know if thats a real issue or not, but probably best avoided. you could always just make one case compartmentalized, but I do like the idea of tiny 'mini-blocks'

Last edited:
Last edited:
Let's see what I will come up with ;)
Mini XLR was a good idea for umbilical cable... will keep that in mind.

You are thinking exactly along the lines I did... one case would probably be sufficient
and is more practical but two mini blocks would be fun.

indeed i'll keep an eye out for it. yes thats exactly the vision i had and what I may still be doing with the LPUHP amps...kinda cute overkill :D leveraging the compactness as a visual feature, but taking cues from its bigger brethren and having some fun with it.

yeah mini XLR or lemo would do nicely, or on the other end of the scale, given enough budget, you could probably build the entire amp inside one of the larger ITT Cannon umbilical connectors, or at least use it as the structural mainstay the chassis is built around.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi FJ,

I'll have to check the status of your order when I get home this evening. If you had paid already, and there weren't any mosfets in your order, then you should have your boards by now. This very well might be my first lost package.

I'll confirm this evening, and let you know the status. If it is lost, we'll figure something out.

Regards,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

I put an update on the mosfets in the main amp thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...-lme49830-lateral-mosfets-97.html#post2960705

Looks like we're getting very close now.

jtktam:

See above :) and also your order barely fit in one box! You're going to have your work cut out for you!

JustFJ:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I checked my list and you're marked as shipped. I sent your stuff out along with four other orders on the same day several weeks ago. I'm going to send a quick note to the others and see if they got their stuff.

If they have, and you don't get anything by the end of this week, then I'll see what I can do about finding enough boards to re-send your order.

Sorry for the delay, and hopefully your order didn't get lost.

Regards,
Owen

Hi Guys,

I put an update on the mosfets in the main amp thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...-lme49830-lateral-mosfets-97.html#post2960705

Looks like we're getting very close now.

jtktam:

See above :) and also your order barely fit in one box! You're going to have your work cut out for you!

JustFJ:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I checked my list and you're marked as shipped. I sent your stuff out along with four other orders on the same day several weeks ago. I'm going to send a quick note to the others and see if they got their stuff.

If they have, and you don't get anything by the end of this week, then I'll see what I can do about finding enough boards to re-send your order.

Sorry for the delay, and hopefully your order didn't get lost.

Regards,
Owen

Hi Owen

I haven't received any pcbs either...I did say there was no rush (and there isn't), however, thought mine maybe ones sent on the same day you mention above.

Thanks

Michael

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi FJ,

I checked with everyone else who's package shipped the same day as yours, and they have all received their orders.

Looks like yours did indeed get lost, so I'll see what I have on hand as backup and get it re-shipped. I may not have all the items however, so I may need to refund you depending on what I don't have. I'll send you a pm later today.

Regards,
Owen

Hi FJ,

I checked with everyone else who's package shipped the same day as yours, and they have all received their orders.

Looks like yours did indeed get lost, so I'll see what I have on hand as backup and get it re-shipped. I may not have all the items however, so I may need to refund you depending on what I don't have. I'll send you a pm later today.

Regards,
Owen

Hi Owen,

You can give him my stuff if that helps. I'm actually really waiting on the NTD1 and working on three different projects so I can pass. If he does not take them, I'll keep them.

Ciao!
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.