Is Objective 2 a step up from cMoyBB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A cMoyBB is a pretty decent little amp, low output impedance and all. Its biggest weakness is the TLE2426 rail splitter, a device known to be unable to sink more than about 25 mA, or less than 2x 5 mA rms. That's why the amp allows using two of them, for doubled current capability. From their website it is unclear whether any of the assembled units ship like that.

Even at 5 mA, however, a HD558 would already be making quite a racket (about 250..300 mV gives approximately 100 dB for a sine and definitely >90 for music). So unless you would happen to be listening very loudly, I wouldn't expect any kind of major differences.

The O2 would be beneficial when trying to drive, say, K701s, or very noise-sensitive IEMs.

Thanky you so much for the reply. The cMoyBB works great but sometime I like to crank it a bit more and it seems to distort and run out of juice. May be the phones.
I might build an O2 for the experience then upgrade the cans later.

Thanks for the help and your time

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.