In GENERAL, is it a good idea to use a LM4562 as a current->voltage opamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another one to consider is the LT1469:

LT1469 Product Page

http://cds.linear.com/docs/Datasheet/1469fb.pdf

LT1469 at Arrow

Linear actually shows an I-V converter as a typical application and says:

"The LT1469 is a dual, precision high speed operational amplifier with 16-bit accuracy and 900ns settling to 150μV for 10V steps. This unique blend of precision and AC performance makes the LT1469 the optimum choice for high accuracy applications such as DAC current-to-voltage conversion and ADC buffers."

Groner said about the LT1469:

"Appears to be an ideal upgrade for NE5532 amplifiers as its noise performance and quiescent current are similar"

The LT1468 is the single version of the same thing. The distributors have DIP version of the LT1468 in stock, it appears, where they only have the non-dip versions of the dual LT1469 in stock for some reason:

LT1468 DIP-8 at Digikey

Last edited:
Another one to consider is the LT1469:

LT1469 Product Page

http://cds.linear.com/docs/Datasheet/1469fb.pdf

LT1469 at Arrow

Linear actually shows an I-V converter as a typical application and says:

"The LT1469 is a dual, precision high speed operational amplifier with 16-bit accuracy and 900ns settling to 150μV for 10V steps. This unique blend of precision and AC performance makes the LT1469 the optimum choice for high accuracy applications such as DAC current-to-voltage conversion and ADC buffers."

Groner said about the LT1469:

"Appears to be an ideal upgrade for NE5532 amplifiers as its noise performance and quiescent current are similar"

The LT1468 is the single version of the same thing. The distributors have DIP version of the LT1468 in stock, it appears, where they only have the non-dip versions of the dual LT1469 in stock for some reason:

LT1468 DIP-8 at Digikey

Wow 90mhz bandwidth, I take it this ic opamp as I/V has a much lower input deltaZ/delta freq that has kept a lot of folks away from IC opamps for I/V? Have you tried it , any of the issues that the video opamps had when they came out and were tried for I/V?

regal: I've used the 1468 as an instrumentation amp before, but I've never used them for I/V. I've had it rattling around in my head though since seeing that writeup in the datasheet. :) Too bad that DIP8 version of the 1469 isn't being stocked. It would be pin compatible with the LM4562. They could be swapped back and forth in the socket. But two 1468s could be swapped back and forth with two LME49710s (the single version of the LM4562/LME49720) if the offset null pins on the 1468 are not used.

Last edited:
if you put a C acrosss the feedback R giving a single pole low pass then there is little need for excessive slew rate - can be part of the anti-image/reconstruction filter

ideally higher frequency error V at the op amp input would then be reduced by ~ fc/GBW

with the feedback C there is a "feedthrough zero" that gives a small input Vdiff glitch at current steps due to the op amp output Z - decades old I/V app notes described the advantages of a low impedance output buffer inside the loop for op amp I/V

the op amp slew rate spec can still be a proxy for input diff pair linear operating range with degeneration, fet inputs improving both

but the low Vnoise parts can't have much degen

a compleltely new "highly linear" diff pair is used in AD8099/ADA4898 family parts - I think the ADA4898 is the best combination of specs for audio DAC I/V available today

you would need to look with a very good 'scope to see if ccs bias of the output to either rail helps - the ADA4898 has a 50 mA "linear current range" spec so you could bias at several times the fs current of most audio DAC chips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.