my ck2iii

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fvldut.jpg

2duvwoh.jpg

13ynhb6.jpg

b867ox.jpg

with outboard power supply

-joe

Last edited:
what brand/model is the umbilical connector? i'm in the market for some for connecting a central power supply to 4 balanced amp channels in 2 'mono 2 way' power amps and i've been looking at the ITC cannons and amphenols, but they arent cheap, even though i lust after them

amphenols

they are not cheap and only come in two major configs.. 3+1 and 6+1 (they always mark one pin as ground, but that pins is the same size as the other ones, so you can use it like any other pin)

the 3+1 is screwed based and 6+1 is solder based..

I use both and they are built the same way, have the same cut out.. so I don't have to worry about having two different templates

-joe

I thought they might be. the amphenols arent too bad, except for the ones i'm looking at, the ones with the really high current radsok pins and army green cadmium plate. the Cannons are just plain awesome!!. see i'm looking at the high current 10 pin (8 high current and 2 lower current for LEDs softstart, control etc) and i need 2 umbilicals, one for each 2 channel (4 phase) amp box. so i'm looking at roughly 350-400 plus wire. the other option is powercons and speakons but use more of them, but they arent nearly as cool

so I bought some amphenols that were used by the US military in their tanks.. and I had to sign like multiple documents saying I won't export them.. they were silver plated radsok pins and super high current capable.. I am saving those for my burning amp builds..

since this is "only" a ck2iii i figure the plastic amphenols is "good enough"

i was going to use speakon etc.. but then too many people going that route and i don't want people trying to connect their speakers to my amp's power input or worst.. the power supply output!

-joe

yeah ive seen them before there, but just like the cannon and amphenols its only useful if you have a set that needs a couple pieces or a spare, because they never have a full set of everything, as in 2 female or a male and female panel mount with 2 matching cable connectors, so a 4 connector set and thats the minimum you need unles its just for a single headphone cable and you only have one headphone, because most are old models

yeah ive seen them before there, but just like the cannon and amphenols its only useful if you have a set that needs a couple pieces or a spare, because they never have a full set of everything, as in 2 female or a male and female panel mount with 2 matching cable connectors, so a 4 connector set and thats the minimum you need unles its just for a single headphone cable and you only have one headphone, because most are old models

if you have the time to wait, start to stockpile the different parts and you should come up with a set.. i have a full metal set that is laying around if you want to buy it from me :)

How does it sound? internal pics?

Thanks,
Routhu

I have internal pics.. I will post when I get home in a few days.. it sounds very nice, it is very sensitive to noise I find..

If i used bc550b/560b and opa LME49720HA, have any problem????

you would have to check with amb forum..

-joe

Finished my Ck3 during holidays

Here is my CK3 finished during these holidays. Output stage is not BJT but with IRFZ24n and IRF9Z34n, mods are suggested by Ti Kan for this MOSFET output stage. Case is from eBay, seller is along1986090. Case is great for the price, esp the front panel around 1/4inch thick.

Sound is amazing from my AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs. I also used this as a preamp with 100+100 ohm resistor divider in the output to reduce the gain for amplifier hookup. It is greater even as a preamp driving my Luxman M-4000 amp. Cannot stop listening to this setup, even my wife also certifies this.

These pictures are from my phone, will post better pictures later.

Attachments

• CK3-MoSFET-sch.pdf
    49.9 KB · Views: 68
  • CK3-Front.jpg
    CK3-Front.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 147
  • CK3-Inside.jpg
    CK3-Inside.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 145
Pictures with better resolution

Enjoy,

Routhun

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1390.jpg
    IMG_1390.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 47
amphenols

they are not cheap and only come in two major configs.. 3+1 and 6+1 (they always mark one pin as ground, but that pins is the same size as the other ones, so you can use it like any other pin)

the 3+1 is screwed based and 6+1 is solder based..

I use both and they are built the same way, have the same cut out.. so I don't have to worry about having two different templates

-joe

For a budget PS-amp umbilical these SRCN series by JAE from digikey have been reliable for me, my cord making skill is sloppy but you get the idea:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.