Adding a normal connection to SRD-7 Pro.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello second post, nice forum very informative.

I have a question , I just got hold of a Stax SRD-7 Pro adapter I misread an d thought that it had the pro and normal connections.
Is it possible to add a normal plug ?

I might have a chance to acquire a stax lambda but of course it has the normal plug.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The difference is not only the plug itself, bias voltage is higher for "Pro" models as well. A normal bias Lambda probably wouldn't appreciate that.

Normal bias adapters seem to be a lot less in demand than their pro colleagues, so I'd just shell out for one of these in case the deal works out. Maybe you can acquire a pro bias Stax later, otherwise just sell the SRD-7 Pro again.

I know,
but they also mad the mkII version which has both.
I have been comparing the schematics looking for possibility's.
I also read that the center pin in a normal bias plug is responsible for the left audio.

Found people and sites online that turn normal bias into pro bias and i asked them but didn't get a response yet

So after some digging and opening upping i discovered thanks to the diagrams posted here of the stax srd-7 pro and srd-7/mk2 adapters
that they sport the same pcb.
Even better there are unused holes so theoretically i could just get the corresponding resistors, capacitors and have at it

Notice how it even states N-bias and P-bias right on the board, awesome.
Only question is how can i get the extra plug to work should i replace one of the pro plugs or can i make an extra wire to the outside of the box ?
Did see that the two connectors are paralleled.
Also the middle pin of the normal bias has to be connected to the bottom left pin of the plug ? and then of course connect to the N-Bias connection on the pcb.

I will let you guys know what happens.:cool:

I would ask the guys in the diy area over at headcase, arguably a more hardcore little community there than head-fi.org including Kevin Gilmore who spends a lot of time over there. there are layers like an onion over there though, not all threads are public. there is more STAX diy there than head-fi, watch out for hazing though =P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.