HA-PRO Single-ended MOSFET

HI !
resistance of 64 ohms my headphones
Designer I bought supplied 22-ohm resistor is written 600 mV / 22 Ohm = 27 mA.
but on medium began prisuvstvovat distortion, I raised the quiescent current to 50 mA distortions became smaller, but the output transistors become much bask in design offers the radiators are not provided.
And so I ask - is there a dependence of the resistance and quiescent current of headphones? How do I choose the optimal mode quiescent current ..... listening?
What is the quiescent current to typically IRF610 -?

The project is completed!
quiescent current of 50 mA

Attachments

• 1_0.jpg
    1_0.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 831
  • 1_2.jpg
    1_2.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 775
  • схема, настройк&#1.jpg
    схема, настройк&#1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 849
I bought this board from audiophonics. The high gain is a but ridiculous, however I would say it's a good amp for high impedance headphones. I plan on doing a few mods to it. It comes with 20k stepped pot which I will switch out for a 10k ALPS, like the schematic. I'll also bring the gain down to something sensible.

When I have the volume high it seems to clip too. Probably because it runs out of current.

Thinking of making a case at lasergist and also using a 24V wall wart to power it. That way it simple and cheap.

Not all sources are 2Vrms and not all music is mixed to for maximum loudness. 6x is perfectly in-line with the high gain mode I have for other headphone amps I have.

Plus I don't want to have the opposite problem where the pot is pegged near max instead of the pot near min.

Hi, I am new member here..
I built the Canamp clone you talked about, but I kept a middle ground between the original schematic and the hungarian clone. This way I think it's a good compromise for the ultimate sonority...anyway the amplifier is good for low sensitivity headphones in particular

Dear XSlavic, was necessary to insert those 22pF? You have high frequency oscilations? Why is better now the sound?
Till now I made several headamps. The best sounding one is a Heed Canamp clone: /keret.cgi?/headamp/HeedCanamp.html :::::: Powered by: [url]www.webtar.hu ::::::*[/URL]
Sound is warm, detailed, very pleasant.

From instrumentation point of view, means not as listening, just as technical parameters, is this one:
/keret.cgi?/headamp/TPA6120A2.html :::::: Powered by: [url]www.webtar.hu ::::::*[/URL]
The sound is very clear, but cold.

I have the old version. There was a lot of ripple, very audible. I improved this making changes to the power supply to use a 7824 regulator. It has improved, but there is still some noise. This is normal? Is there any way to eliminate ripple?
Assuming there is no bad ground wiring, I'd bump C7/C12 to 1000u (or more, if they fit the PCB).
This bring cutoff of the RC filter down to ~5Hz instead of ~60Hz.

Assuming there is no bad ground wiring, I'd bump C7/C12 to 1000u (or more, if they fit the PCB).
This bring cutoff of the RC filter down to ~5Hz instead of ~60Hz.

Many thanks for your suggestion, my friend. I replaced the capacitors with 2200 uf. There was no improvement. There are no problems with grounding. A low frequency noise persists. Not too loud, but noticeable when there is no music. I will try to change the font filtering as LM317 instead of 7824.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have the old version. There was a lot of ripple, very audible. I improved this making changes to the power supply to use a 7824 regulator. It has improved, but there is still some noise. This is normal? Is there any way to eliminate ripple?

Add a cap multiplier using IRF610. It will have 4v dropout but ripple will be -50dB.

Juma's Easy-Peasy Capacitance Multiplier

36990363054_f4dbe6e8e2_z.jpg

Thank you for your attention.

Recently my improvements on the HA - PRO.

After test. I found that the performance of the BJT is better than MOSFET.

Recommend to use 2 sc5171. Replace IRF610.

I will use the new version of ONSEMI TIP41C

Seven years after its launch finally this headphone amplifier became acceptable with the proposed changes. It started with poor design and errors in choosing components. An example of precipitation in product launching and consumer disrespect, minimized by the disclosure of mods to former buyers.

Glad to know about the mods. I'll try out some of the changes.

Seven years after its launch finally this headphone amplifier became acceptable with the proposed changes. It started with poor design and errors in choosing components. An example of precipitation in product launching and consumer disrespect, minimized by the disclosure of mods to former buyers.

Running changes happen in any product. You don't get everything right the first time or parts aren't available anymore.

Glad to know about the mods. I'll try out some of the changes.

Running changes happen in any product. You don't get everything right the first time or parts aren't available anymore.

Every product can be improved and modified. This happens. But, is not the case this headphone amplifier. It was released with gross and inadmissible errors. Much low frequency noise, lack of heatsinks for power transistors, bad design, among others. Haste is the enemy of perfection.