Obtaining O2 parts in the EU - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2011, 07:36 PM   #1
timpert is offline timpert  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Obtaining O2 parts in the EU

Hi all,

Just like so many of you I've purchased some O2 boards. Now the next step: collecting the parts to populate them while living in the EU!

Because some of the parts (most notably the JRC chips used) are hard to get over here, I'd like to have a list handy of suppliers who carry them. Also, I'd like to have a cross reference for interchangeable parts. Here's my starter:

The NJM4556D and NJM2068D can be obtained from:

Dalbani

The NJM2903D and LM393N look like drop-in replacements for each other. The latter can be obtained virtually everywhere and is very cheap.

The battery clips used on the PCB (the Eagle 12BC210 and 12BC220) look a lot like the Keystone 530 and 540, which can be obtained from RS components.

Perhaps it would be possible to have "mini group buys" for some parts per country. I would be willing to do some of the Dutch stuff.

Regards,
Jurgen

Last edited by timpert; 29th August 2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 30th August 2011, 08:13 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

*jumpin in the wagon*
Old 30th August 2011, 12:10 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Now that's heartwarming enthousiasm!

How 'bout a group buy? I'll compose a basic kit that contains all the necessary parts to complete the amp less the batteries. Batteries can be bought in a supermarket, and might make the package too large to be sent as a letter. Would there be interest for that? And if so, what should be in the package and what not?

This is NOT a group buy thread, it is only about polling interest, and about discussing the contents of the buy. If there's going to be a group buy, I'll start the appropriate thread in the commercial section of this forum, where the orders can be made.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:40 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I am interested. I saw that mouser also has a dutch brand: Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor
Have not figured out what it will cost (incl shipping) and also if the carry all the parts.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:43 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I am interested too. I think the best options would be Digikey or Mouser.

Farnell also have good prices for those in UK. For those in Switzerland (like me) the prices are 2-3 times higher than those in UK.
Total rip-off !

Last edited by fireworks; 30th August 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:55 PM   #6
Atilla is offline Atilla  Norway
diyAudio Member

I would be interested in an organized effort of some sort, at least for the more uncommon parts. I guess many people can procure resistors easily, but it's always nice to buy ICs in bulk.

I'm up for any sort of GB.

Last edited by Atilla; 30th August 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 30th August 2011, 01:20 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Mouser is Mouser, same everywhere. Goods seem to be shipped from Texas, and that means that you'll get hit by duties. Farnell and RS actually ship from the EU (although behind the scenes, they import their goods), so they can precharge the duties, and you pay them and no one else. Saves a lot of hassle. It will probably a mix of different suppliers, because Mouser doesn't seem to have all the parts in stock. The volume pot for example has a lead time of 10 weeks. i don't have that kind of patience.
Old 30th August 2011, 01:24 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Volume pots

Speaking of volume pots, they come with two tapers, the 3B and 15A. See attached PDF. Although the O2 specifies the 3B, the 15A seems nicer to me. or am I missing something?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV_RESISTANCE.pdf (130.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 30th August 2011, 01:35 PM   #9
hupe is offline hupe  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

thanks for the effort! I'm generally interested in a group buy too... but I'll check what i can get from our german vendors. Maybe I can help you with something I hope I can check this later today...
Old 30th August 2011, 01:52 PM   #10
Jokener is offline Jokener  Germany
diyAudio Member

I just checked with the german Mouser subsidiary.
The total is 22.01€ (1 kit) or 15.37€ (100 kits) for everything excluding: Enclosure, AC Adapter and 9V Batteries.
It includes all different gain resistors, as it would be too much work to offer a GB with everyone ordering different, all or only one set of the gain resistors...
And the resistors are only 1,14€ total... ... ...

Furthermore, there are four parts with estimated delivery times of up to 10 weeks.
I don't know about you, but I'm too excited ^^
So I have asked my local electronics dealer if they can get me those parts.
They WILL be able to get them, it's just a question of price and timeframe.
The parts in question are:
810-FK28X7R1H223K(TDK-Capacitor, 3 weeks @ Mouser)
688-RK097122008T (Alps Encoder, 10 weeks @ Mouser)
450-BA161(Eagle Plastic Knob, 6 weeks @ Mouser)
863-MC7812CTG (ON Semi IC, 2 weeks @ Mouser)

Now, I would be willing to organize the groupbuy, but I can understand if a newbie on this board is not trusted.
(Of course I have positive eBay references, trade frequently on other forums and would be willing to send my personal information to an admin or something. Also, I bought 3 PCB's for the O2 in the other groupbuy.)

Any more leads on the parts Mouser doesn't have in stock?

Last edited by Jokener; 30th August 2011 at 02:18 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!