Obtaining O2 parts in the EU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh, ain't that an engineers precision? Exactly midnight and I'm back. :)

Now that the BOM and PCB are revised, I think I'll go ahead and start the GB tomorrow.
That way I'll have the time to incorporate the newest changes and find a solution to the pot-problem.
Solution meaning a way to let everybody order the pot they prefer (from RocketScientist's selection), or something...

As I said, tomorrow.
Because right now I am boozed, tired and I have company.
No good conditions to start a groupbuy, as long as you want an O2 and not a FrankenAmp.

Good night, see you when the sun shines.

810-FK28X7R1H223K(TDK-Capacitor, 3 weeks @ Mouser)
688-RK097122008T (Alps Encoder, 10 weeks @ Mouser)
450-BA161(Eagle Plastic Knob, 6 weeks @ Mouser)
863-MC7812CTG (ON Semi IC, 2 weeks @ Mouser)
Any more leads on the parts Mouser doesn't have in stock?

Speaking of which, who sells the chassis? The way it usually goes, I end up buying nice aluminium cases from unscrupulous eastern sellers, cause otherwise import taxes would ruin me.

Is everyone looking first in the "Notes" and "Farnell" columns of the BOM (use the XLS spreadsheet at Google Docs not the PDF)?

The TDK cap sub is an AVX part and is listed.

Other knob pointer colors are listed.

The volume pot issue has been addressed and the new August 30 BOM has many more options.

The new BOM lists the MC7812ACTG (the "A" is the higher spec version)

Farnell stocks the case. And if you don't need panels Rapid in the UK has it for a much better price.

See also: Obtaining The Components

The battery clips are an issue if you don't want to buy from Mouser but you can use wire leaded clips. Did anyone check TTI? Do they have cheaper shipping in Europe than Mouser?

Everything within the EU should be fine.
I'll double-check the customs regulations, but EU should work.

Also, I'd basically be willing to ship it anywhere you like.
I will of course thoroughly document everything so I can prove I sent it, I just can't guarantee the delivery or items being undamaged (they will be ESD- and Bubblewrapped).
But generally speaking, I would trust the mail services in the EU enough to deliver the items.
Everything outside EU will be at buyers discretion only, since I have no experience with it.

I'll start the GB sometime around noon, just checking a few more dealers and suppliers for smooth sailing...

Mouser ships for free if the order value exceeds € 75 so that's OK. With the current interest in the GB, that amount is easily reached.

I just gave Mouser a call, to inform whether there are additional charges. The lady on the phone told me that the prices on the website are without VAT, and that will be charged additionally upon ordering if no VAT number is supplied. Apart from that, no duties need to be paid to FedEx or UPS. I informed, because I once got a nasty surprise with ordering from DigiKey. I thought all duties were paid, but it turned out this was not the case, and that the mailman still needed money.

I'm currently writing up the first post of the GB-Thread.
I had the BOM ready to go yesterday, but it turns out the Mouser website doesnt keep it for more than a few hours.
So right now I'm setting up my Mouser-Account to store the list and write the first post.
I'll post here again as soon as the GB is open.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.