The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project - Page 318 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 01:02 AM   #3171
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Hey guys! started building my o2 amp last night, when i realized mouser sent me the wrong front panel push buttons looked into it and their stock is completely depleted and the ones they sent were close but the leads wont fit in the holes of the pcb (different size and orientation)! oh well right?

anyway the question i had was if there were any known suppliers of these guys (besides mouser) and/or if there is a know substitution for this part... the lead time is about 10 wks from mouser!

thanks for any help,

-tripwire292
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 01:51 AM   #3172
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member
 
agdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire292 View Post
the question i had was if there were any known suppliers of these guys
Yeah I ran into that a week ago on something I'm building. Here is who stocks it http://octopart.com/partsearch#searc...q=PN22SJNA03QE (hit the "more" link under the vendors for the full list).

Looks like Avnet Express, Arrow, and Onlinecomponents.com all have stock and are willing to sell in single quantities. Those vendors have other bits and pieces of the O2 BOM list. Maybe you can find some other stuff to help defray shipping. Word of warning on Arrow and Avnet through, they can ship parts from different warehouses and each incurs a shipping charge. Be sure to double check which warehouse(s) things are coming from.

Last edited by agdr; 1st March 2013 at 01:56 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 02:25 AM   #3173
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quick question guys, I've been trying to figure out this one for a while. For some reason, the O2 that I build's gain button is not working. Press and no press = same sound. I've read most of the thread and I don't think I've seen this problem come up before.

Any idea what might be wrong, or what I should check? (I don't have a multimeter). I have checked multiple times for lead shorts, but could not find any. Would bad soldering be causing any of the issues? I don't particularly have any bad solder spots as far as I know.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 02:48 AM   #3174
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin View Post
Quick question guys, I've been trying to figure out this one for a while. For some reason, the O2 that I build's gain button is not working. Press and no press = same sound. I've read most of the thread and I don't think I've seen this problem come up before.

Any idea what might be wrong, or what I should check? (I don't have a multimeter). I have checked multiple times for lead shorts, but could not find any. Would bad soldering be causing any of the issues? I don't particularly have any bad solder spots as far as I know.
One of the legs on the gain switch body is probably touching a pcb via or pad. Iirc back right leg if you're looking at it from the front edge of the pcb.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 03:07 AM   #3175
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks Shadow. Are you saying we are not supposed to solder the two diagonal legs of the switch body?
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 03:25 AM   #3176
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
It's the left front leg on the body of the switch that comes too close to the via.

S2 PROBLEM – The September version of the PCB artwork (9/14/11 release) has the via between R21 and S2 located too close to the corner “foot” on S2. While most have not had any problem, it’s highly recommended to slightly bend the leg in that corner of the switch inward, or if you have some heavy cutters, trim that leg shorter (don’t use small “precision” cutters as you’ll likely damage the blades). At the least, make sure there is no contact when you’re soldering S2 in place.

I just solder the six pins in the middle.

Edit: Pulled out a empty pcb I have laying around to double check
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 09:06 AM   #3177
diyAudio Member
 
availlyrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin View Post
Thanks Shadow. Are you saying we are not supposed to solder the two diagonal legs of the switch body?
Before proceeding to solder one has to apply some sort of insulation over the via(piece of tape,girl-friend's nail polish) so that the body of the switch doesn't touches the via.Since the switch is already soldered try raising it a bit(very carefully or you may damage the tracks) so that it doesn't touches the via.
BTW I've used jumpers (gain= 1X, 2X & 8X) to avoid this problem.
see #3147
The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project
__________________
Thanks,
availlyrics

Last edited by availlyrics; 1st March 2013 at 09:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 09:18 AM   #3178
diyAudio Member
 
availlyrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire292 View Post
Hey guys! started building my o2 amp last night, when i realized mouser sent me the wrong front panel push buttons looked into it and their stock is completely depleted and the ones they sent were close but the leads wont fit in the holes of the pcb (different size and orientation)! oh well right?

anyway the question i had was if there were any known suppliers of these guys (besides mouser) and/or if there is a know substitution for this part... the lead time is about 10 wks from mouser!

thanks for any help,

-tripwire292
You can short the appropriate points of S1/S2 & your O2 will be ON all the time(AC operation recommended) with fixed gain or I can send it to you (4 switches for 1$ plus postage) from India.

see #3147 for switches I got locally if they suit your purpose. WARNING-I didn't followed standard BOM as I'm an experienced builder myself(I repair PC/Laptop main-boards)
__________________
Thanks,
availlyrics

Last edited by availlyrics; 1st March 2013 at 09:31 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 08:42 AM   #3179
diyAudio Member
 
availlyrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
All Quiet on the Objective2 Front
__________________
Thanks,
availlyrics
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 01:30 PM   #3180
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by agdr View Post
Yeah I ran into that a week ago on something I'm building. Here is who stocks it http://octopart.com/partsearch#searc...q=PN22SJNA03QE...
awesome, thanks ill be checking them out tonight :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by availlyrics View Post
You can short the appropriate points of S1/S2 & your O2 will be ON all the time(AC operation recommended) with fixed gain or I can send it to you (4 switches for 1$ plus postage) from India...
if the above fails i shall pm you for more info. thanks for the offer :P


one last thing. im going to be rewiring my hps soon. wondering if anyone has a good suggestion on a raw cable that has say 10 conductors in it and is possibly the fabric material for the sheath. thickness isnt really a big deal, just as long as its not bigger than a standard 1/4" cable.

thanks again guys :P

-tripwire292
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headphone amp project grahamfocal Headphone Systems 7 21st June 2011 05:28 PM
My latest project - DAC + headphone amp gmarsh Digital Line Level 105 13th December 2010 02:31 PM
My headphone amp project trifidmaster Headphone Systems 2 22nd December 2008 03:52 PM
Mini Ipod headphone amp DIY project Nordic Headphone Systems 14 11th March 2007 02:35 PM
Need help for a battery headphone amp project dismalonyx Headphone Systems 1 15th April 2004 11:22 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2