diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Headphone Systems (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphone-systems/)
-   -   The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphone-systems/193977-objective2-o2-headphone-amp-diy-project.html)

availlyrics 1st February 2013 04:50 AM

I had read somewhere that RS expected total O2 sales(kits/finished products) to be modestly in the region of couple of hundred or so. Does anybody have any idea of how many of O2s have actually been sold?(just out of curiosity;)).

My guesstimate is above 10,000 O2s:confused: .Maybe O2 builders/kits seller together can provide better data)

Hey, at-least RS(and his famous objective calculations) was way off the mark on this count:D

Rullknufs 1st February 2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by availlyrics (Post 3351153)
I had read somewhere that RS expected total O2 sales(kits/finished products) to be modestly in the region of couple of hundred or so. Does anybody have any idea of how many of O2s have actually been sold?(just out of curiosity;)).

My guesstimate is above 10,000 O2s:confused: .Maybe O2 builders/kits seller together can provide better data)

Hey, at-least RS(and his famous objective calculations) was way off the mark on this count:D

I've heard of at least 10 O2s on a Swedish computer hardware forum I'm frequently visiting. So there's probably at least 20 or even more in Sweden I'd guess.
I think that ~10000 or more it a good estimation.

estefan2020 1st February 2013 05:34 PM

has anyone thought about using a bluetooth module like this for an input?

Bluetooth 2 1 EDR Audio Communication Module Wireless Music Stereo | eBay

some sites may have trubble with long urls, so here is tiny same link in tiny Bluetooth 2 1 EDR Audio Communication Module Wireless Music Stereo | eBay

I think it would be a great addon.

doors666 2nd February 2013 02:55 AM

I have a weird issue with my o2. My setup includes an odac and pc for playing music. i have connected an extra 6.4mm output. the 6.4mm output works fine, no issues. but the regular on board 3.5mm output is always on, if pc is playing music, its coming through the 3.5mm output, it doesnt matter if O2 is on or Off, volume control has no impact, gain switch has no impact, volume and gain dont work even with the O2 on with 3.5mm port.... has anyone faced this issue.

i had lost a 220nf bypass cap which i am yet to solder, apart from that from the build perspective i am not aware of any issues.

ericj 2nd February 2013 03:04 AM

do you mean the 3.5mm output on the odac? because yes, that will always be on.

KMossman 2nd February 2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaos974 (Post 2661734)
it's not like buying the components in China would have been easy anyway.

perhaps you are not aware of SEG in Shenzhen?

FOUR buildings, 10 floors in one, 8 in another, 6 in the third, and 4 in the fourth building. Each floor pretty much choked with electronic products, electronic modules, electronic parts.

Perhaps well over 1,000 shops dealing in electronics.

If you can not source it there, you gotta be deaf, mute, and blind.

And I have a top tier sourcing agent there. And a hard-as-nails, meaner-than-a-junkyard-dog QA assistant [oddly enough she is a tall, slender, stylish, drop-dead attractive lady! ]

KMossman 2nd February 2013 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill (Post 2670006)
I suppose one profitable prototype a millionaire does not make ;)

isn't Windows still a prototype?

doors666 2nd February 2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doors666 (Post 3352426)
I have a weird issue with my o2. My setup includes an odac and pc for playing music. i have connected an extra 6.4mm output. the 6.4mm output works fine, no issues. but the regular on board 3.5mm output is always on, if pc is playing music, its coming through the 3.5mm output, it doesnt matter if O2 is on or Off, volume control has no impact, gain switch has no impact, volume and gain dont work even with the O2 on with 3.5mm port.... has anyone faced this issue.

i had lost a 220nf bypass cap which i am yet to solder, apart from that from the build perspective i am not aware of any issues.

i had accidently connected the hp to the input port and basically was listening to odac output. I seriously need to put some effort and label the front panel.:)

availlyrics 4th February 2013 04:06 AM

What impact will their be on O2 (sonically or ckt stability wise) if one uses ordinary 220pF ceramic capacitor(C11,12,19,20) instead of stacked C0G ?
Sorry , my knowledge about capacitor is limited

KMossman 4th February 2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by availlyrics (Post 3355028)
What impact .... if one uses ordinary 220pF ceramic capacitor(C11,12,19,20) .....

Where angels fear to tread?

Pandora's box?

...............at the huge risk to my head or other body parts.........

there are raging bitter vehement debates on the sonic qualities of the various types of caps............

some [types of] caps are more stable
some have tighter/better tolerances
some can withstand higher voltages
some look nicer!

use what you will/can then try replacing..............and see if you tell the difference